HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Camira rims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 4:58 pm    Post subject: Camira rims Reply with quote

i know a guy that wants to sell some 14" camira rims already polished for $100 i want to know if this is a good deal all the tyres are rooted.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira rims Reply with quote

Ill give you a set of 14" 5 spokes with two ok and two rooted tyres 4 $200. look a hell of alot better than camira rims, besides camira rims dont fit good, wrong offset n shit.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira rims Reply with quote

thats a top deal....
i saw a set of (4) camira rims, looked shit, like not polished, with fairly fucked tyres the other day in a wreckers in lonsdale for $450.....
i got em... as u know
in my opinion they look good when polished nicely but u just gotta be carefull when putting them on, when i first bought my car i snapped of a wheel stud because the person that had the car before me had tightened the nuts up while the wheel wasresting on the shocker... its best to jack the car up from the suspension rather than the body if u know what i mean.... so long as u know that and are carefull, you'll have no dramas
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira rims Reply with quote

Depends how desperate you are for camira rims. Personally I think that putting Camira rims on is just about the worst thing you can possibly do to a Gemini. The two main reasons being
1. Camiras suck ass and much like most fords they should have never been built.
2. They are fucking ugly.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira rims Reply with quote

its a matter of opinion i guess, i reckon as long as they are kept polished and in good shape they look very good on a gemi.
there are a lot of ppl out there who like them, they can be a good cheaper alternative, afterall not all of us can afford $1000 for mags alone...
all up i think that if u r sick of having stockies all round and you can find a good cheap set of camira rims then they are well worth it, afterall anything looks better than dirty stockies...
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Camira rims Reply with quote

Man u guys will never learn!! do me a favour, net time there is a vw swap meet in your area go along. i got a set of golf rims 4 like $25 each. they look like camira rims but better and they fit straight on. Look at the yellow wagon in the gallery (BRADDO), its not mine but its sporting the almighty golfers.
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Camira rims Reply with quote

Thats a good price, they cost $35 a wheel to get polised where I am in melb.
if U do get them they will fit correctly but cos they are a front wheel drive car they will rub when u full lock them.
They not bad, but again they might be buckled or some thing, so when U get them balanced U will find out that there's a problem.
just re-sell them if U have that problem.
But they will fit the of set is the same.
I hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: