HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

JERKIN'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigermm
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 12:35 am    Post subject: JERKIN' Reply with quote

I've got this problem where at 2000 revs my car sort of jerks along the road like somethings out of balance, and it goes away when I push the clutch in. Its not real bad or anything just a concern. My foot is not moving the accelerator at all.
Just thought I might get an idea of what it might be before I pull shit apart.
So any ideas????
Cheers all.
murray
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: JERKIN' Reply with quote

i got the same problem in my te and i know another fella that has a te with the same problem
Do you have a standard carbie on yours tigermm?
tigermm
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: JERKIN' Reply with quote

Yeah standard everything except higher compression (shaved head) and my kinda dodgy cold air intake ( 80mm PVC pipe, cause my original filter housing has a real restrictive CNG mixer in it which I might still use sometimes), but yeah pretty much stock. My gearbox is real noisy tho so I thought it might be something to do with that, hell I dunno tho.
What might be wrong with the carb? Guess youd have said if you knew how to fix it tho ay Smile

Cheers murray
murray
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: JERKIN' Reply with quote

Yeah well i gettin a weber soon so if that makes a difference i will let you know but i dunn it is really annoying and it is way worse when you first start you car when you are just generally driving it happens and when you give it to her so i dont know what the go is

murray
tigermm
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: JERKIN' Reply with quote

Yeah I think it is worse when its cold, or maybe I just get used to it. I think I might try and find a 5 speed to go in and see if that makes a difference.
And while its in bits Im gonna have a looksee if anythings loose.

Keep me posted on the weber situation.
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: