HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Niki To Weber conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 12:29 am    Post subject: Niki To Weber conversion Reply with quote

If anyones interested, I have just published a web site briefly detailing the conversion of a niki carb to a DGV weber on the standard manifold.

The sites not fisnished yet, it was a UNI project that I just finished, and published today, so I hurried it together. Theres probably a heap of mistakes, but I guess its readable. I will be updating it shortly with weber re build, and other fueling mods that gemi owners can do on the cheap. General stuff like that.

its at:

www.giant.net.au/users/wight

Cheers!
Ben Wight
Doug

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Niki To Weber conversion Reply with quote

I just skipped through the page, but didn't see what adapter
plate you use.I got a Redline for my conversion.
After using it and buying Redline linkage and air filter kits,I can't say i'm a big fan of Redline parts.
I prefer using a brand that comes in a green and yellow/gold packaging,can't remember the name though.
Do Lynx make a adapter plate for Gemini's?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Niki To Weber conversion Reply with quote

yeah they do the part number lynx adapter kit is KC 114
if you take the manifold off grind the manifold out to the size of the holes into the adapter plate to help air flow
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Niki To Weber conversion Reply with quote

The adaptor plate was still on the engine at the time of page construction, so I didn't get any shots of it. The page isn't fisnished yet though.

I usually use redline adaptors, I think they are very good, you get everything needed to bolt the carb to the manifold, but I usually have to port the adaptor out a fair bit, which is no big deal. I have seen the lynx versions, and from memory, they are very similar.

Ben Wight
TravTC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Niki To Weber conversion Reply with quote

Great site Ben
Very comprehensive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: