HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Solex Carbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 10:58 am    Post subject: Solex Carbs Reply with quote

how much would be a sensible price to pay for a set of 2 sidedraft solex carbs? my friends got a set on a celica import inlet manifold... im not sure what size they are tho. dont think he wants them. are these any good? are gemmi inlet manifolds available for these (lynx etc)?

should i bother???
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex Carbs Reply with quote

They will bolt on a lynx manifold, but you have to run a TX brake setup, and the manifolds aren't available new anymore.

They will make more power than virtually any other type of carby setup, except for larger sidedraughts. Unless you are racing though, a good single downdraught will make good power and is a lot easier and cheaper to setup.
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex Carbs Reply with quote

ive already converted my te to the early model tx setup... so thats not a prob Smile

i was just trying to decide between my single 42mm weber or dual solex's....
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Solex Carbs Reply with quote

I have never heard of a 42mm weber, what model is it? Its not a sidedraught DCOE is it?

Anyway, the twin sloexes will make more power if thats what your after. Are the solexes 40mm?
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Solex Carbs Reply with quote

Yeah, the 42 Dcoe first came out on a maserati and there is also a 42 dcnf
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex Carbs Reply with quote

yeah, its a 42dcoe, fairly impressive even if my engine is completely fucked... Smile
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Solex Carbs Reply with quote

Hey Ben!
I was just wondering how to tell what size these solexes are, the ones that Woz is talking about, is there a tag like on most webers telling you their size!!
Thanx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: