HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Front Springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEM2NV
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 9:24 pm    Post subject: Front Springs Reply with quote

how do you remove the front springs without using a spring compressor? and in plain english thanks

later
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Front Springs Reply with quote

You can undo the bolts that hold the lower control arm to the cross member. The spring will then come out. Alternatively, undo the ball joint and then lever the spring out with a large screw driver.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Springs Reply with quote

Do as Ben says, then read the workshop for help on putting the bastards back in Smile
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Springs Reply with quote

I've always found the latter method to be easier, in fact, the last time I was taking mine out, I just 'popped' the springs out with my hands... it is a little nerve-racking and your hands tend to tingle a little afterwards... just don't go getting smacked in the face with the spring...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: