HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

12Days & lots to do

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:07 am    Post subject: 12Days & lots to do Reply with quote

Hi guys, this is Adam DeRose, but everyone calls me mooch and have since i was born. Guess it kind of stuck. Don't ask why but let's just call it part of glory of having grandparents that convert all english words into italian...

I don't get much time to get on here any more, and i haven't updated my page for ages - www.geocities.com/mygemi

Well, i thought i'd give you a progress update of the wagon.
The suspension is all back in, painted in billet silver and blue 2k, all smooth glossy. A few polished touches like the steering rack, torque tube and so on. Motor goes in this week, a nicely warmed over 2ltr, with a desktop dyno output of 145hp and matching torque.Nothing over the top just a good solid motor. 10:1 comp. It's all been balanced, bored 40thou, crow cam - the second largest grind they make in their new gemi series, and Bob Sherry did his magic with the head, manifold and carby. It's running a 34ADM at the moment but aspirations are for twins. Avgas is the juice for me - and it's not affected by any of this rations bullshit. I have 5 forward gears now too.

The trim is pretty much what is was before but just been freshened up, new sub box - home made ofcourse. Also added a few bits and pieces. Eg fire extuingisher and first aid kit.

Tried a few graphics ideas on the rocker cover too, we smoothed it over, welded a few bits and removed some of the bullshit. It has pearl flames on it now.

I can't wait to drive it everyday to work and enjoy the bloody thing now! After all it is my daily driver.

Come see us and a few other hot gems at the extreme horsepower supershow @ wayville (adel.) November 3rd and 4th! Seeyas there - and come up and say hi!

Cheers
Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: