HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TE deisel dash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJ
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:53 pm    Post subject: TE deisel dash Reply with quote

why when i used the Deisel dash in my car (petrol)the low fuel light doesnt work. when the deisel doesnt have any extra wires comeing from the fuel tank
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: TE deisel dash Reply with quote

Maybe teh diesel fuel sender has another circuit, like a switch that it triggers, or simply in the dash when a high resistance is seen (low fuel level), then the gauge in the dash recognises this and lights the light up, but once again, its probably a different sender with different resistance range or something.

Otherwise, it would all work fine. Is the light blown? How is the diesel dash different from the petrol dash?
CJ
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TE deisel dash Reply with quote

the deisel dash has a low fuel light wich the stanard dash dont and a few other lights that you can use for other things( a bit of a wank really)i tested the resistance and they were the same and no extra wires, may be i just didnt run it low enough, i thought runing it low enough to put 42L in would be enough as the gauge had been on E for ages and yes i checkd the globe OK!!
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TE deisel dash Reply with quote

Isn't it a 50 litre tank?
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TE deisel dash Reply with quote

52 litres it should be, i accidently ran mine dry the other day and lucky i was near a petrol station and rolled in there and put 52.66litres in....
fuck the guages that dont work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: