HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

got my car

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:19 pm    Post subject: got my car Reply with quote

Hey all i got my new gem today and it is a rocket!

has about twice the amount of power that my old gem had and is much nicer to drive. The interior is nice and sporty with buckets that wrap around you and the shifting is nice and short with good ratios.

It runs unleaded but i think i might be missing a cat converter unless its tucked right up near the engine where i can't see it cause the sump guard is huge.

I have a question tho, would anyone happen to know where the engine number would be likely to be on the DOHC engine?? I'm a little concerned because i am pretty sure that holden didn't make this car locally but it has plates that say it was. SO unless its been through some funky registration process (which is very possible) i would like to see if i can find the engine number that is actually on the block and not just take it from the bits of paper etc. I know the car isn't hot but i think there may be some confusion over the way it was imported/made 18 years ago!

Any advice would be great

cheers
Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: