HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TE-TF Dash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CopBait
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 3:26 am    Post subject: TE-TF Dash Reply with quote

Hey, im wondering if anyone can help me out with something, i have an 1980 TE Gemmi and it has the TD stlye dash in it, i want to upgrade to the later model 82 TE SL/X dash, can anyone tell me if it is a straight forward swap or a real cunt of a job? Coz i don't really want to be re-wiring much of the instrument panel. Thanx
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: TE-TF Dash Reply with quote

If you mean you want the squarish dash... like the one in the TG's

let me warn you..

it is CUNT of a job!

I mean, its possible but you have to rabriacate a support, spot weld it up, get a new steering colum, a new heater assembly and more shit, if you are serous about it thou, it might be worth asking a wreckers yard about it, it was gonna put a later model dash in my TX, realising how hard it was going to be i enquired about having it done for me, best quote i got was $1400, sooo its not an easy exercise.

Probly cheaper to get a later TE or a TF and transplant ya running gear and motor etc lol
CopBait
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: TE-TF Dash Reply with quote

Thanks for that info mate...i think i will stick with what i've got for the moment after hearing that. I mainly wanted it so that i could mount my Autometer Moster Tacho off the left hand side of the instrument cluster instead of on the A pillar. Oh well, i will have to come up with a new idea (lol)....is your TX Gemmi a hotty or a stockie?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2001 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: TE-TF Dash Reply with quote

Well its not completely stocky but its definatly not cop bait...

I get my ex piggy gemini tomorrow! im so excited its gonna be mad to have a new car!

the almost stocky TX is for (reluctant) sale too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: