HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Bathurst 2001

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2001 11:21 am    Post subject: Bathurst 2001 Reply with quote

Well yet another eventful Bathurst has come and gone. Congrats to those on the podium, and commisserations to those who never saw the finish line and well done to those in between. An action packed race once again was seen by all, including the pace car. Not sure a pace car at Bathurst has seen so much track before. Seems that the re-surfacing also did some good.
Well all I really wanted to say was that I hope a lot was learnt from the race. Forget the Ford v Holden for a moment. We found out that brake pads fall out, bonnets bend and dont cause a lot of problems for the aerodynamics, and that in other instances, bonnets just come off. Some tyres grip well, but others dont grip as well when your front end is stuck under a tyre barricade. We also found out that even the most experienced o drivers (John Bowe) can mistake a 600 for a 500 and vice versa. Perhaps soemthing officials might want to lok at in the future to prevent another incident in piit lane. The stop go penalties for speeding in pit lane, hopefully the drivers learnt from that too.
Imagine if the snow hit the mountain. Scary stuff. Would they then race around with chains on their tyres ? *grinz* Main thing is, spectators got their monies worth. Television viewers saw more in car footage than before as well as hearing the communication lines. One of the best Bathurst coverages I have seen yet. Shame they ahd the cricket on at the same time. Was forever flicking between the two.
How about a gemini contigency for next year ? I know I am going. Can't possibly get a feel for the buzz there unless you have been there. And the future will only bring better and better reaces.
Cheers to the sponsors, organisers and teams.
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2001 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Bathurst 2001 Reply with quote

Hmmmm. Yeah, I don't think a Gemini cruz to Bathurst would be a bad idea Smile
nomiS
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2001 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bathurst 2001 Reply with quote

I dunno about the future bringing better and better races, there's been talk of control heads among other things, it's getting moulded to much into a spectator friendly event (the whole v8 supercar series) trying to make the cars as even as possible.

Watch some old video's and you'll see what bathurst was all about, it's a shadow of it's former glory in it's current state.
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2001 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bathurst 2001 Reply with quote

Simon
Have u got any old videos of the torana and gemini races around bathurst? I remember watching some torona ones ages ago on tape fucking top stuff! Wish it was still like that Smile
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Bathurst 2001 Reply with quote

I've got a video of a Gemini being rolled over by brocky's commodore!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: