HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

10 grand --(murph)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 2:06 am    Post subject: 10 grand --(murph) Reply with quote

If any one has got a lazy ten grand just lying around you might want to look at this. on my searching of the net I found this car:

TD gem Coupe

17 inch simmons, 13 inch disk brakes with vl calipers, injected cosworth pistons balanced/blue printed crank, ported polished head, custom pelenum chamber T3 turbo intercooler HKS blow off valve 3000 dollar sterio

the pic looks mad!

Apparantly can run 11.9 quater miles

the site is www.uniqueautos.com.au/holden/autos/gem060201.shtml
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: 10 grand --(gemboy) Reply with quote

yeah a fuckin good lookin gem
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: 10 grand --(Blameme) Reply with quote

$10,000 for a gemini

Did i hear right

$10,000 For a 1979 TD gemini

Tell him his dreamin

I dont know about you or the guy who has the Gemini but wat you put in to a car in money wise

You dont get back !

I know it has some good shit in it but come on i would be streched tp spend $4000 on a done up gemini .

But hay if some one buys it then good for them but dame

$10,000

well i dont know

SEE YA
ADAM Blameme RACING
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 grand --(TravTC) Reply with quote

Nice!!
but what the hell is a brass button clutch?? i heare that term all the f'in time. what does it do?

'8-1/2 Inch Brass Button Clutch' >]

thanks >]
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 grand --(petrol_hed) Reply with quote

that gem was a feature car on www.fullboost.com.au earlier in the year
and from what i remember he was still trying to sell it back then
he'll never ever get 10 for it
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: 10 grand --(stocky) Reply with quote

a brass button clutch is pretty much the same as a normal clutch BUT it has pieces of brass in the carbon type shit that grabs, which means......it can take a bigger thrashing without over heating as quick and it grips 20 times better than a normal clutch, brass button clutches DO NOT SLIP, either the clutch is engaged or not engaged!! so you need to have pretty high revs to take off or the car will stall because you cant 'ride' the clutch.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: 10 grand --(TravTC) Reply with quote

haha, you have to do a WRX step left with your cluth pedal. clutch in..........5500........move your foot straight left!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: 10 grand --(ToTuff) Reply with quote

Sorry stocky a brass button clutch is in no way near the same apart from its shape a BBclutch doesnt have the springs istalled into like a normal clutch does and their heaps heavier duty so therefore as soon as you let the clutch out bang your off no room for error your to slow with the revs then expect some kangaroo hops there a tuff clutch if you can afford them approx 300$ more than STD..

cheers
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: 10 grand --(Paul) Reply with quote

They sound like they'd be a fuckin bitch in traffic...

Paul
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: