HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rebuilding motor --(kizza)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 6:19 am    Post subject: rebuilding motor --(kizza) Reply with quote

i am going to strip two gemi g161 motors and put i good 1 together and i got some questions
what gaskets and seals am i gunna need?
do you always have to replace bearings?
i havent got an engine crane or car jacks just car ramps (and big muscles lol)so whats the best way at getting the engine out?
what sort of stuff do i have to disconnect?
should i drain the oil first?
and anything els i should know?
all help is appreciated
thanks
kizza
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: rebuilding motor --(fastgem) Reply with quote

gaskets and seals = all of them
replace bearings = dont have to but stupid not too.
engine crane = hire one (~$20-30)
stuff to disconnect = heater hoses, wires, engine mounts, tail shaft, gear box x-member (easier if you pull it out with the gear box), take the radiator out to make things easier, exhaust, fuel lines
drain oil = dont have to but will make things a lot less messy
anyting else = its all pretty easy but im not sure why you would need to strip 2 motors unless you have one good head on one and a good block on the other. Unless parts are cracked etc. then you should be able to use every thing you need off just one motor. Just get new timing chain, oil pump, pistons, bearings, rings and you should be fine.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: rebuilding motor --(Michael) Reply with quote

Get a Gregorys workshop manual and hire a workshop crane from your local hire place about $50 for the weekend
- save all the tears.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: