HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Wheel scrubbing --(TravTC)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:37 am    Post subject: Wheel scrubbing --(TravTC) Reply with quote

What do you do when your tyres start to scrub on the inside of your arches? My rear 13" 60 series are scrubbing the insides on speed bumps and when i get a fat bastard (like my friend graham) sitting in the back!

What are my options? Stiffer rear springs and/or shocks?

Thanks
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel scrubbing --(Fish) Reply with quote

well you could put pano springs in the back
or get gas rizer shockies from monroe
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel scrubbing --(Matt) Reply with quote

have your guards been rolled? as in the indide lip rolled up so its flat not sticking into your wheelarch on a 90 degree angle? mine are and my 14" 60's dont scrape, and its lowered....
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel scrubbing --(TravTC) Reply with quote

Nice! I'll give it a go. Tanks
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel scrubbing --(gem16c) Reply with quote

to roll em grab a piece of steel pipe get ya fat friend in the back and slowly drive forwards and backwards rolling the pipe between the wheel and arch as you go
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel scrubbing --(Gatesy) Reply with quote

What width are the tyres? I've got 185/65/13s on my gem and even with 3 fat cunts in the car it don't scrape and my guards aren't rolled plus it's not factory ride height.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel scrubbing --(TravTC) Reply with quote

205 rs
195 fs

with the lip, do i want to just flatten the lip that goes 90 degrees inwards from the edge of the walls? Or do i want to expand the small extrusion lip that comes out from the wall? Is that gonna do anything bad to the paint?

Its really hard trying to detail stuff about this >].
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel scrubbing --(TravTC) Reply with quote

Oh by the way, i checked the guards in the sunlight this morning, and the only part that is scrubbing is the outside lip of the guards, right at the top. Its because the tyres are too wide, when there is a bump or some body roll, the outside of the rear tyres scrub on the top part of the wall.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: