HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

piazza=no good --(petrol_hed)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 11:53 pm    Post subject: piazza=no good --(petrol_hed) Reply with quote

i saw my 1st piazza (in the flesh, not a photo) the other day
i must say, not a very good looking car, a bit on the fugly side
not saying theyre gutless or anything

anyway...
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(James) Reply with quote

Ive seen 3
I loved one of em and Hated the other 2
Depends on model and year
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(Rodolphe) Reply with quote

A bloke down the road from me has one, it is in really good condition but they aren't the best looking car around. I only ever seen him drive it once and it sounded like rat shit, really bad.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(Thomas) Reply with quote

Where'd you see it?
I've seen a couple of others around sydney
They are incredibly sexy cars when you stick a late model japanese front air dam on!!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(Nick) Reply with quote

yeah, theyre not the nicest looking car. But I did see an Izuzu Import. it was in perfect condition and actually looked pretty decent, selling for $10k.. im not sure what was different but it looked much nicer than the aussie one.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(Thomas) Reply with quote

They're all isuzu imports.. But yer the Aussie sold ones are mechanically the same to the good lookin turbo Jap ones but on the outside they look like early piazzas
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(martin) Reply with quote

Yeah there are some alright looking isuzu's that go good, 4 wheel drive, turbo and 160kw or something

i saw them on a melbourne based jap import website

15 grand i think they were going for, they called them gemini's and no piazza's
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(Thomas) Reply with quote

Yeah they are JT(RB) and later models.. Pretty cheap for what you get!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(Matt) Reply with quote

yeah a dude that works with my mum had one, it was 4wd turbo, 1995 i think it was.... it used to absolutely fly! but he sold it for an new imported mazda cozmo.... i'd rather the gem.... coz... Its a GEM!

Matt
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2001 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(Dave) Reply with quote

What are you talking about? There was only one model sold here - they all have the same front and arse.

I reckon they don't look too bad;

Consider this, they were released in Japan in 1981 when everything was boxy and shithouse - just think Ford Meteor, Toyota Corona, Mitsubishi Cordia - all very boxy cars. By the time they were released here in about 1986ish, they were still OK looking, but had a turbo engine coupled to a stretched and widened T-Car chassis dating from 1970 - not good really.

The guy who designed them was also responsible for the Isuzu Bellett, Lotus Esprit and VW Golf - all widely revered cars in their time.

So what I'm saying is that I reckon they look good - pity they weigh so much and handle like their springs are made of cheese.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(Thomas) Reply with quote

Yeahh but the colour makes alot of difference. Red ones look like shit but black and silver look sweet
Did Guigiaro design the bellett? I thought the only other Isuzu he designed was the 117 coupe.

Hey they don't handle like shit, but my ones suspension is lower and stiffened up..
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: piazza=no good --(Dave) Reply with quote

They were panned by the Aussie motoring press for handling like shit, so I assume they did when brand new - springs and shocks and lowering would really help them out, I'm sure.

I think Giugario (sp?) designed the Bellett. I think he was working at Pinninfarina at the time - if he's never worked there, then I'm wrong!

It was designed for Alfa Romeo, who rejected the design. Their loss....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: