HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WHAT TO DO? --(plugger)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 6:50 am    Post subject: WHAT TO DO? --(plugger) Reply with quote

I WAS THINKING OF GETTING A GEMINI AS MY FIRST CAR, AS I LIKE THE SHAPE AND THEY JUST ARE KILLER!! COULD I HAVE SOME HELP??
WHAT ARE THE BEST MODELS AND WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF THEM. I PERSONALLY LIKE SOME OF THE TE'S TG'S AND TD'S.
I WOULD HAVE A BUDGET OF BOUT $2000 APPROX.
I WAS THINKING OF GETTING A TE OR WHAT EVER MODEL, FOR CHEAP(UNDER $1000, THAT HAD A RESONABLY STRAIGHT BODY, AND NOT MUCH RUST ETC) AND THEN PUT A 2.0L ENGINE IN IT. THEN I WOULD SPARY IT(DADS GOT ALL THE STUFF), FIX THE INTERIOR ETC.
WILL THIS BE, RELIABLE, FAST, CHEAP, EASY?? ARE THERE ANY OTHER IDEAS. MY PLAN WAS TO HAVE A GEMI, THAT LOOKED GOOD, WAS FAST(BEAT VK'S,AND WHAT EVER ELSE) AND RELIABLE AND GOOD TO DRIVE.
ANY RESPONSES WILL BE APPRECIATED.

CHEERS
PLUGGER
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT TO DO? --(gem16c) Reply with quote

good luck finding one under a grand with little rust
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT TO DO? --(Todd) Reply with quote

Here here...
I know I got ripped, but I paid a stack for mine.. no rust apparently... (it had shitloads under the window rubbers...)

Todd
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT TO DO? --(Matt) Reply with quote

gotta keep an eye out for rust in the boot, doors and the bottom of the rear 1/4 panels, thats the most common spot for fust that i've found/seen in TF/TG gems...
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT TO DO? --(martin) Reply with quote

You can have my gem for $1200 if you are in sydney
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT TO DO? --(Benjamin) Reply with quote

Keep your eyes peeled, that's the secret (and a little luck doesn't go astray). I picked up a TF SL/X 4spd, 99.9% complete and 99.9% rust free for $300. She even has a reasonably complete service history with the original manual!

They're out there, you just might hafta fight with a few grannies to get them Wink
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT TO DO? --(Glenn) Reply with quote

I am in sydney and have a TG Gemini for sale. It is in undercoat at the moment. Very straight, very minor rust in doors. Boot, floor plans and all the usaul places Gems rust are in excellent condition. It has 5 Dragway mags with good tyres, 45 mm siddraught wener, geni extractors, the head has had work and performance cam, and gilmer belt drives, twin chev drop pipes, lowered, velour interior. 5 speed manual but clutch is slipping. 5 months rego, $1500.00
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT TO DO? --(smee) Reply with quote

Tell me a bit more about you Gem.
I am trying to find my original Gem, and I think it went to Sydney from Canberra.
When I sold it most of the things you have it had. Does it have a sunroof, and a disc brake rear end.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT TO DO? --(Glenn) Reply with quote

No sunroof or disc brakes.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: