HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

How to fit a rodeo 4ZD1 2.3 litre carby motor.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 7:01 pm    Post subject: How to fit a rodeo 4ZD1 2.3 litre carby motor. Reply with quote

Step 1: Remove gemini motor
Step 2: Bolt gemini mounts to the rear mount holes on the 4zd1
Step 3: Bolt gemini gearbox up to 4zd1
Step 4: Put a spacer in the gearbox member so it sits 20mm higher
Step 5: Remove blower cover
Step 6: Get hammer and a bar and smash the flange on the DS of the blower housing just above the clutch cable
Step 7: Weld a plate to the engine to gearbox mount so u can use a clutch cable
Step 8: Get a Electronic ingnition Coil. Eg Camira or BlueBird S3.
Step 9: Remove rocker cover and the rear stud
Step 10: Fit gemini alternator on rodeo mount dosnt fit good but 2 bolts and a spacer work good
Step 11: slot holes on gearbox X-member 10 mm back
Step 12: Drop into car
Step 13: Bolt gearbox X-member up and engine mounts
Step 14: Wire the coil up to the dizzy, Black wire from dizzy to neg on coil and the Brown Black to +
Step 15: hook up fuel
Step 16: hook up exhaust, my extractors didnt fit cuz it sits a bit higher but others might
Step 17: put talshaft in remember the spring
Step 18: hook clutch speedo cable ect back up
Step 19: fit aftermarket filter as stock type won't fit.
Step 20 Start her up
and go do a fucking 2nd geary at 1200 RPM
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 8:46 am    Post subject: engines -(jason s) Reply with quote

hi i was just wondering if you have any information about fitting a isuzu piaza engine 4zci turbo is it difficult? and what mods will i have to do to get my gemmi registed with that engine ? my gem is a tf with tg gear painted colbolt blue with plenty of lilac pearl looks pretty cool. i will send a photo when i get a scaner all information will be greatly apreciated thanks,
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 6:15 am    Post subject: Awesome -(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

This tip is awesome. Anyone after some more grunt who is thinking of a motor rebuild like a bored 1600 will proably spend close to 2 grand on parts and machining to do it properly. This bolt in engine would proably be $1500 and will give more torque than a wild 1600 ever could. You would be silly not to consider this option.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2001 12:17 am    Post subject: Bluebird Ignition -(Richard) Reply with quote

The Series 2 Bluebird also used electronic ignition. Unless of course there was some reason why the Series 3 would be better for the job, but I doubt it.
Well done website.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 12:15 pm    Post subject: performance -(Glen Pech) Reply with quote

after the second geare do a third and a forth and wath the smoke piss off the back tyres
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 3:47 am    Post subject: for real? -(Adam) Reply with quote

Is this for real? I'd love to hear from anyone who has actually done this mod and would'nt mind giving a little more detail on what needs to be done! Smile
Turbo_Gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: smash the firewall???? Reply with quote

there is another way, use a diesel gem front suspension crossmember, an auto tailshaft with a manual front yoke,diesel gem engine mount brackets on the block,and a slightly modified gearbox crossmember to bring the whole engine gearbox forward nigh on 2 inches further forward.. this is acceptable because the 4z series engines r nearly 2 inches shorter than a g series from water pump to bellhousing flange.. this way u dont have to belt the firewall with a hammer on ur nice showcar.. seen it done many times, looks ugly. this will work with all 4z series engines.
lonely_turkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:20 am    Post subject: 3.8 v6 Reply with quote

hi if anyone out there has any info on how to put a vn-vp 3.8 v6 into a gemini please share.
Many thanks, Justin
contact-
lonely_turkey@hotmail.com
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Whallah - Reply with quote

http://mcs.une.edu.au/~ashley/gemini/cars/car6.html
Here's a picture of the end product!
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: turbo rodeo Reply with quote

i know a guy who says he can build a 2L worked rodeo turbo engine! and he sells them for 1500 dollars!!!! reckon that's bolt in? i will find out on sunday more info and will post again to let everyone know and anyone who is interested i might be able to hook you up! from rumours and this guys word the engine will take a gemi to lightning 11 second and under speeds over the quarter!!!
GEMI78
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Any Rodeo's with EFI Reply with quote

Hey the 4ZD1 2.3 litre sounds good , but does anyone have any info on other engines but with EFI , Turbo or NA

Thanks Aaron
Contact demogorgan@gil.com.au
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

Does anyone have pictures of this because I am planning on doing this and I want to be sure of where to belt the flange on the DS of the blower housing just above the clutch cable
TG Coupe Girl
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: 2.6l EFI Reply with quote

Hey I have a TX Coupe with TG front and I have a 2.6l injected to swap the 1600, i am planning to get rid of injection and runt twin down draughts instead, would it be the same principles of install as above???

Crystal crystalbowden@hotmail.com
gemini disco green

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Rodeo 2.6 Reply with quote

Any one know whats involved with the rodeo 2.6 efi engine is it the same and the 2.3 carbie ion the way of engine mounts etc ??? If anyone know please contact me big_ray69er@hotmail.com
leeroy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: to nos Reply with quote

the 2lt rodeo motor bolts straight in to the gemini without making any changes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: