HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HONES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overit
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: HONES Reply with quote

what type of head gasket did you use if you used a standard monotorque head gasket you dont have to retension it
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: HONES Reply with quote

a monotorque gasket as the name implies doesn't need retorquing.
Doesn't hurt to retorque though. Actually it's a good thing to retorque if for no other reason than to check for changes after the engine has been run.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: HONES Reply with quote

Mate im not sure. to be honest, i didnt put the new head on.
But i'd rather play it safe then sorry. And the guy who did it said it does need to be rentensioned down afta 1000kays. 2000 kays later, i think its about time i did it!

MATT
MJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: HONES Reply with quote

yep thats it alright, when i rebuit my g161 i was told by the mechanic whose workshop i used to do the rebuild, after 1000 Km's re-tension ( and check the tappets (clearences) both when cold and when hot ). Then do it again after 3000 Km's. And when u go to do the (1000 Km's) actual re-tensioning crack the bolt first then retension to final stage torque settings, then move on to the next one. For the 3000 Km check just recheck straight away at final torque settings, then all is sweet after that Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: