HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

external gauges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: external gauges Reply with quote

In vic am i allowed to mount my gauges on the bonnet? Or do they have to be mounted on the scuttle panel (piece under windscreen). Just thinking bonnet would be easier because i cant see anyway under the scuttle panel to do the bolts up.

CHRIS...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

your not aloud to in anystate i was told, cos a pedestrain sliding a cross your bonnet will get more injured by the gauges
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

seriously? f*ck they come up with some stupid ideas.
i thought it was because no taco is aloud above the steering wheel line.. something to do with ur concentration on the road or some crap?
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

hey guys i just made a phone call to the department of transport and asked them about the external guages.

1. they have to be out of the way of the drivers view.
2. the lines have to be covered so that when they bust they dont spray on the windscreen
3. they cant be chrome unless u have chrome around your windscreen
4. and they have to be out of the way of pedestrians?
gem187
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

you can hav them on the bonnet but must hav black cups...
gem187
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

what dunger said is true.
u hav too mount them on the centre of the bonnet preetty much out of vision directly in front of u...

whats the deal wif the liguid filled gauges, i think places r trying to make more money cos they stil fog up in the morning o same wif the normal ones. it eventully clears when u start drivin..
DOHC_TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

I can c how that werks....u wouldnt want to injure a pedestrian as they slide across ur bonnet with 2 broken legz and think to themselves...geez i betta look out for those gauges, they could cause some serious damage.

cheers John
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

u cant have em at all in QLD, i know that for a fact, aswell as in cabin gauges have to be below the dash line
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

hahahaha yah, LOL
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

cos liqued filled ones have nothign to do with fog. the liquid it to prevent the need bouncing up and down in rally cars.
only foolie sicc ricer boyys would buy them for road use
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

Thanks boys. Mine are chrome cupped but i have the chrome strip around the wondscreen so i should be safe. I still cant see how i am supposed to mount them in the middle and be able to see them. And pedestrians shouldnt be sliding over my bonnet.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: eh? Reply with quote

i got a liquid filled boost and fuel pressure guage. even road use the needle still flickers, i just want to know exactly how much psi im runnin. therefore they are not for ricers. if i didnt have them, then yes, they would be for ricers Very Happy
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: thats what i heard Reply with quote

have to have a cup other than chrome to stop the shine distracting other drivers
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: eh? Reply with quote

I will get a liquid filled boost. At idle and low reving driving mine bounces, but at higher full boost driving and more revs it is fine.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: external gauges Reply with quote

They also cant be on the dash on the passenger side as it is in the "head impact area". They have to be in the middle. Stupid RTA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: