HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TG SLX - What dash?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: TG SLX - What dash? Reply with quote

I thought a TG SLX was meant to have a tacho dash. A mate of mine bought a std TG 1 owner and it has the sad old vacuum gage. It has the digi clock but no tacho dash. Is this common? It may be a TF SLX with TG headlights maybe, anyone.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - What dash? Reply with quote

BAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH he got fucked over buy the old granny.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - What dash? Reply with quote

The tacho dash was an option, and TF SLX headlights and grill are the same as TG SLX headlights and grill.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - What dash? Reply with quote

he right, TF SL/X same as TG SL/X or normal SL

It was option in TF but came stock tacho dash in ZZ/Z

TF SL headlights gay and no tacho.
Easy hook up if buy tacho.

Me chief running water
How
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - What dash? Reply with quote

me sorry

i really chief three legs

How
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - What dash? Reply with quote

he has a tg not a tf stupid farkens
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - What dash? Reply with quote

"It may be a TF SLX with TG headlights maybe, anyone." Stupid Farken.
RiCE BOi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - What dash? Reply with quote

Check radiator support panel for stamping - no, not Sat night drunk jumping on ya car stamping. there's a serial number stamped there man, first few letters tell u which model your puttin sideways round roundabouts.
Compliance plate will tell u exactly which options have been added.

Danka.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - What dash? Reply with quote

The V.I.N. tells you what model and trim level. It's easy to put SL/X badges on anything.
Also, if Holden ran out of Tachos on that day the car went down the line, they didn't stop production till they got them, they just put the wank-o-meter... sorry, econoguage in instead. If you wanted a Tacho when you bought the car new, you waited till one arrived.
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - A wealth of info Reply with quote

In actual fact the one owner sedan has turned out to be a TF sedan with TG headlights. So, why does it have a digi clock? Wank-o-meter I can now understand but not the bloody clock. An unsolved mystery. "But who cares in the end."
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - A wealth of info Reply with quote

Actually, I've got a one owner TF SLX, with full service records dating back to 1982 when it was purchased, and it's got TG headlights and grill, and the econogauge, and digital clock. As far as I'm aware, the tacho was an option on all models except for the ZZ\Z which had them factory fitted. Just my thoughts, comments and opinions. Cheers Smile
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - A wealth of info Reply with quote

So now that I'm reading this correctly it's a TF SL/X that came out standard with the TG headlights, digi clock and wank-o-meter. Rare. Learn something new everyday. The old granny didn't rip my mate off after all! Cheers.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TG SLX - A wealth of info Reply with quote

The Tg headlights, digi-clock and wanko-meter are all standard on TF SL/X's (only the the SL/X).
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: TF SLX - A wealth of info Reply with quote

Ok, but how strange. Why would they make a such a monster?
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: TF SLX - A wealth of info Reply with quote

We're talking about 1982 here. Digital radios with built-in clocks in factory cars are rare and expensive and you had to put a clock somewhere, so why not the top of the range SL/X have a digital clock. Holden also had an options list you could "tick the boxes" for the options you wanted when the car was new, Tacho, Remote left hand mirror, etc. However, "end of model runouts", dealers added these as extras to sell cars before the new model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: