HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

got my custom sump back!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: got my custom sump back!! Reply with quote

I got my modified sump back today for the sr20. It looks pretty good. Just need to check that there is no leaks through the welds.

Hopefully if it stops raining for a little while on the weekend I will give the motor and box another trial fit.

Fingers crossed, it will let me lower the motor enough to close the bonnet Wink and shift it back enough to fit a thermo fan in...

Matthew
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: got my custom sump back!! Reply with quote

y not leave the motor where it is and cut a huge hole outta the bonnet and have the motor stickin out. that would look fooly sik
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: got my custom sump back!! Reply with quote

that was mentioned as an option, and would have the helped hot under bonnet air escape especially without a thermo...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: got my custom sump back!! Reply with quote

would look trick having the front half of the tappet cover sticking out, and NISSAN engraved on it.

drool
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: got my custom sump back!! Reply with quote

hey dude, how much has it cost ya to get all the custom shit made up to fit sr20, like sump, mounts, anything else. Sam
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: got my custom sump back!! Reply with quote

the sump was like $375,

and the mounts you can just bang up together after you have found a suitable positioning for the motor,

you can put the SR20 in as it is, but does sit tall in the bay, clutch conversions and shortend handbrake arent that hard either, just phone a shop for that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: