HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gemini Radiator - 3 row core

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Gemini Radiator - 3 row core Reply with quote

just got quoted $405 for a 3 row radiator core for their best one, or $300 for the second best one. Good or bad? I didn't think it would be that much :S
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Radiator - 3 row core Reply with quote

err accidently entered it too early.

Does anyone have a 3 row gemi radiator?
TF Jemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: young and naieve Reply with quote

what is a 3 row radiator?
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Radiator - 3 row core Reply with quote

Id have to mention that the Torana radiator seems to be a relevant upgrade and is 3 core and bolts up to the standard gemini mounts, not sure, have yet to get that far yet, have heard they are somewhat $160 reco'd?

Alluminium suckers are like $850 from PWR, ouch!!

you could score a 4 core sucker out a truck or some 4x4s and chop them up and fit?? suggestion
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini Radiator - 3 row core Reply with quote

I got quoted about $240 or so to change my gem radiator to a 3 row / core. Thats still using the standard gemini top and bottom tanks tho.
Virtual-R

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Radiator - 3 row core Reply with quote

i just paid $230 for a new 3 core with my tanks "no difenrence in tank sizes they told me" & comes with 3 yrs warranty
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Radiator - 3 row core Reply with quote

Go the Torana XU1/GTR spec radiator. Works like a charm. Have had 3 core made but was no where near as good.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: young and naieve Reply with quote

it is 3 rows thick instead of 2...
TF Jemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini Radiator - 3 row core Reply with quote

why is a 3 core radiator so much better? is it just better because of its increased cooling abilities?
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Radiator - 3 row core Reply with quote

More cores the cooler it will run. The greater the width of the cores the cooler it will run. The more water aswell. Torana GTR's had wide 2 core radiators. A lot better than a std sized 3 core radiator, no doubt about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: