HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Alternator woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Screamingholt
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Alternator woes Reply with quote

does anyone know how I can fit an externally regulated alternator to my TD waggon. I ask this cause a new internal reged alt. is only like 150 bucks, whereas I can only find "rebuilt" external models. and the cheapest of them is like 400 bucks!!

I thank anyone who can help in advance
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternator woes Reply with quote

why do u want a dearer one for?
Screamingholt
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternator woes Reply with quote

sorry my bad was meant to be the other way round. I HAVE an external job and want to goto an internal one
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Alternator woes Reply with quote

It is possible to change a gemini from an external voltage regulator to an internal voltage regulator alternator, however, I don't know how to do it. One of my local sparky's here has done it on a friends TF using a Bosch 65A internally regulated alternator. If memory serves, it only cost him about $200-$250 range, which included the cost of the alternator and the modifications required to fit it. Might pay to have a chat with your local auto sparkies and see if they can give you a rough pricing. Just my thoughts. Cheers Smile
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Alternator woes Reply with quote

why not get a stock TE-TG unit from a wreckers and use it? No need to spend big bucks...

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Screamingholt
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Alternator woes Reply with quote

yeah thanks for that winterheart, its appreciated.
I caught up with my local auto sparkie last night. He is gonna do the wiring work so long as I can mount it. I cant see mounting it providing many problems though
Screamingholt
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Alternator woes Reply with quote

the only prob is that the nearest wreckers is 150 klicks from me Smile Thats the problem with living in a country town
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: