HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

So happy i could just shit!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: So happy i could just shit! Reply with quote

Engine is getting booked in for the rebuild tomorrow! I have just gotten it for 100 bucks dearer with forgies, fucking stoked.

My builder rang up his piston guy and he has a kit there for a gemi! It has forgies, rings, shot peoned con rods, new rod bolts and a heat treated st. crank shaft that will be ground down to suit turbo.

It was going to be $2300 with Hypertecks, or $2800 with Custom forged. Now it is $2400 with the forgies!

Oh what a day!
ATG23Q
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: So happy i could just shit! Reply with quote

Last edited by ATG23Q on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: So happy i could just shit! Reply with quote

Oh you don't understand my joy, i didn't think i would be able to get this thing finished, now i can. I am just waiting on Ben Wight to get my inlet manifold finished then i will put it all in the car and put in my 5-speed.

The hardest part will be putting in my computer i think and getting it all running well, but i have a lot of help for that, (your a legend Warren). My ETA was end of January, but looking like mid-feb.
RiCE BOi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: So happy i could just shite! Reply with quote

While on the subject of forgies, a few people have mentioned using VL slugs in the G180. I've only ever met one person that said they had them in their block.
If it's not too much screwing around to fit, there's a set of VL forgies in the trader for something like $350. Thats a whole set + 2 more if any of them are shit or end up shit.
Hmmmmmm... Makes me wonder if its worth purchasing these half a dozen chunks of metal for future preparations....
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: So happy i could just shite! Reply with quote

yer they do go in the blocks but need machining, DUH! and resleevin i think??

and the rods need to be shotpeen or harden, not sure of studs, the diff is good for sumtine tho Smile

i have know of a gemini in south brissy to have these and goes fine on 24psi all day long,

but myself personally will keep well away from them Razz
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: So happy i could just shite! Reply with quote

I remember emailing Eggy a while a go about his turbo setup, and he replied saying;

"I run a G161 with VL pistons you need to mod your rod
little ends to accomodate full floating pistions but
any good engine rebuilder can do this for you. they
are very very tuff, and have had no problems for about
4 years now..."
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: So happy i could just shite! Reply with quote

hahaha,

fair enough,

where i am from 95% of VL's are thrashed and it ainta good sight to see, overboosted, stay 50 over the speed limit all day every day, reliable after they have it?? hmm

i have heard rumours that Sub Zero keep really good bolt in upgrade pistons for VL-T's, but have heard that they are not that reliable in tuning (very big probs)
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: So happy i could just shite! Reply with quote

hmmm my uncle is goin to be a very very busy little boy when i get an engine. my aim was to use as much vl turbo stuff as possilbly
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: So happy i could just shite! Reply with quote

they fit straight in , no machining
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: