HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Radiator query?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TF Jemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Radiator query? Reply with quote

i felt bad so i'll post in here too...
i have TF gem and need a new radiator, Q: which model's radiators are the same as mine (in case i can't acquire a tf)
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator query? Reply with quote

they are all the same, except the fwd rb models. even auto to manual are the same. u can buy brand new ones for 200 through any radiator place
TF Jemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator query? Reply with quote

if i get a second hand one, what tests should i do on it to ensure it is in good working order then??...ie pressure tests, etc.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Radiator query? Reply with quote

TE, TF, TG are the same. unsure about tc's td's etc. but ofcourse the rb's are different.

Get it pressure tested. thats about it. either that or get your 3 month warranty on it if u cant be stuffed getting it pressure tested.

Dont be fooled by the black paint they will spray it with, that doesnt mean its good!

It doesnt really matter if its an auto or a manual one. if u want a manual they cut the things short and clamp then down or something. so if theres 2 lil things sticking out an inch, dont worry!

- Matt
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Radiator query? Reply with quote

make sure all the fins arent bent and mashed. then just get it pressure tested. a mate just had his recored for 70.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: