HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Diff Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tezza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Diff Question Reply with quote

Heard a rumour that gemini wagons may have had a limited slip diff.Checked all 5 of the gems at home and found that my wagon has a slightly different diff setup ie the panhard rod mounting on the axle housing is in a different position.The manuals only state the ratio of 3.9 on all models(petrol).I'm guessing its just another urban myth and that the diff setup on the wagon is for load related purposes.Anyone know for sure??.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Diff Question Reply with quote

no gemi has LSD mate, cept for the JT's and imports and shit, but not T-series has as far as i know.
77TDWagon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Jap ZZ perhaps Reply with quote

Japanese ZZR and ZZT sedans/coupe has LSD as an option but there were never any Japanese wagons or vans (all ours are opel based)

The different mounting you refer to is due to the shockers being at a different angle - panhard rod has to be shorter accordingly.

Hope this helps....
wotatripp
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Diffs - Diesel Reply with quote

Are diesel diffs lsd? I guess not. Info?
77TDWagon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Diffs - Diesel Reply with quote

Nope. Not LSD. Diesels are only good for their (slightly) closer ratio 5 speed box and front crossmemeber which you need if fitting a twin cam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: