HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATTN Chris - Tgemi1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: ATTN Chris - Tgemi1 Reply with quote

hey man whats the progress on ya turbo conversion, got a rough estimate on when itll be done, also how mcuh you spent so far and on what. Cheers sam
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN Chris - Tgemi1 Reply with quote

k write my costs so far;

-the efi manifold (rodeo), custom fuel rail, injectors, sensor, $550

-Paizza turbo manifold and turbo, plus sum piping $490

- Bov adjustable $230

- Speco 2in boost guage $80

- went to upullit n got, camira loom all d sensors, recailibrated computer, vl fuel pump, and sum other stuf $245

- Intercooler $250

- Fully recon g200 head not yet used $300

Total=$2145
theres other bits n pieces.

K i can get a motec fuel and ignition computer plus full loom and sensors 4 a grand, this is on a gemini g200 turbo engine atm thats hauling 250+kw at d wheels. so i'm tryna save a grand in d next few weeks to get that. then i have 2 put d head on my 1600 block, get d plumbing made up turbo 2 cooler 2 manifold, and need to get the 2 1/2 exhaust system dat i have weld to d dump and fitted etc, if i get dis motec and computer i gotta hook dat up, and i need to then get a boost controller and a timer then she'll b ready to fire up and dyno tuned.
Hopefully once i spend a grand for d motec n loom, i hopefully will b able to do d dyno work 4 around 300-400, boost controller 100ish, turbo timer 160ish, and d piping and exhaust welding 250ish. so i hope 2 get out of it 4 under a grand. So i'll b happy i'll ive spent under 5g's in d end. will be running around 12psi for d time being, fuck i forgot balancing d block datll be around 200 i hope also. Hope dis helps.

Chris...
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN Chris - Tgemi1 Reply with quote

cheers man, sound like a headfuck, but worth it in the end, im thinking about doing 13bt conversion late this year, not sure, for about the same price... Sam, ps wanna get new twin cam gem running and ready first.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN Chris - Tgemi1 Reply with quote

Yo dude, you didn't include any engien work in that price, your using a fully stock 1600 setup with a g200 head?? I will be interested to know if it holds up with the thrashing, as im pumping a fair bit into my 1600 to get it running a turbo.
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN Chris - Tgemi1 Reply with quote

i'm just gona get d block fully balanced and have it at 12psi 4 now, then latr wen i upgrade d turbo i'll do sum work to d crank rods n pistons, and d head 4 sure. Keep in mind the block was recond about 2months ago and d head hasnt been used since recon so d engine has all new parts in it. but it is still standard. once balanced it'll hold 12psi as long as i dun rev ova 6ish.

Chris...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: