HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

transplant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V6GEMBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: transplant Reply with quote

hay all

im a newbie to gemini's but not performance, i wanna drop a g200 in my TG im from SA and wondering will i have to take it to regency or wat also what would be the compression ratio if i put a g180 on my g200 and where could i get a twin weber set-up for my motor

soz bout the long post ne help would be kool

V6GEMBOY
V6GEMBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: transplant Reply with quote

soz i mean a g180 head on the g200
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: transplant Reply with quote

got gramma?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: transplant Reply with quote

i want answers not an english lesson but could you help with my qeustions please?
GEMN2O
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: transplant Reply with quote

hey mate all u have to do is put ur old 1600 engine mounts on the g200 and put the motor in, all the 1600 parts work on the g200 i.e starter, alternator even clutch and flywheel!, not many people will know the compression ratio, but it does work, i used to have a 1600 head on a g200 and it went pretty good. u will only find twin webbers if u have about at least $500, if u are after any parts for ur tg email me i have heaps of stuff including guages and a genuine tg grill. i_love_fat_chix@hotmail.com
cya nathan
V6GEMBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: transplant Reply with quote

hell 500 aint to bad i have been a fuel injection freak all my life and was expecting to pay around 1000 for twin weber setup

do you know if i will have to take the car to regency or just change over the engine numbers

did you have to run pulp considering the high compression from ur g200 with 1600 head on it

wat bits and pieces do you have for a tg ad what do you want for em what are the rough prices you'd be asking

where are you
GEMN2O
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: transplant Reply with quote

hey mate, 500 is like the least u will pay for twins, with the engine swap just go to the transport department and let them know u swapped and give them engine numbers and whatnot i am pretty sure it is free. with my 1600 head on the g200 i only ran it on premium unleaded because it has more octane.

i have a lot of parts, just let me know what u need n i will c if i have it, i dont want to much for the parts.

i am in townsville and will cod.
cya nathan
V6GEMBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: transplant Reply with quote

cheers mate you've been the biggest help to me i figured i'd have to run premium but heaps of people goin on about octane boosters and shit made the whole igh compression thing a bit of a bitch hay you wouldn"t have any decent tg taillights would ya and what would ya want for then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: