HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

How big can i get it??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: How big can i get it?? Reply with quote

i want to know what would be the bigest capcity engine i can fit for rego with a brake upgrade
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How big can i get it?? Reply with quote

Hard to say what you mean, is this with an engineers certificate? With one you can do anything, and your question would be best put to an engineer.

If not then it really depends on where you live (details of which you conveniently left out).

Here in WA a 25% capacity increase is the limit however I hear some of the Eastern States are very lax regarding those laws.

Check out the local transport authority web page and see what they say.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: How big can i get it?? Reply with quote

nebody know the one for here in vic??
Bean
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: How big can i get it?? Reply with quote

i live in nsw but i have hered of 3.8lt commodore engines in road registerd geminis i am realy after a 4JE1 3.0lt turbo intercooled diesel out of a rodeo

also wondering about air bag suspension
WASPte
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: How big can i get it?? Reply with quote

AIRBAGSUSPENSION>

You didnt state where you live. In USA its legal and a prety easy job about half a day job. In Australia its illegal (dont ask me why) coz government is st00pid.

Want it extra lowered? take out the springs. Shoks will go after a while of driving around and it will be hell bunpy but yeah. lol
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: How big can i get it?? Vic. Reply with quote

10% either power or capacity, whichever is greater. And YES, it means you actually have to get an engineers certificate if you tell them you've installed a G180Z or bigger, except for TE when you could try argue that the diesel was 1800cc therefore 10% bigger is 1980cc.
wishv6wish
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How big can i get it?? Reply with quote

AS BIG AS YOU WANT
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: