HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Putting in carpet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Putting in carpet Reply with quote

So, with putting in moulded carpet, is there much more to do, than to take off all the seats, and the side rails, then put the carpet down and put the seats and rails back on. Anything else i have to do, just don't want to fuck it up tomorrow, cheers.
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Putting in carpet Reply with quote

remonve centr console gear shift housing.

Chris...
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Putting in carpet Reply with quote

Don't have either. That makes that easier, i am getting them soon tho, might go to the wreckers before hand.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Putting in carpet Reply with quote

Sam, If you haven't done it already here's a couple of tips.

Unbolt your gear stick from the box and cover the hole in the box with a rag. Easier than trying to cut a hole in the carpet and getting it in the wrong spot. When the whole things laid, feel with your hand the hole and just cut enough to put the boot through.
Don't cut too much from the edges. As the carpet settles into the floorpan, it will pull away from the edges. Better to have too much you can cut back when it's settled, bit hard to add it later and it looks shit if it pull from under the trim.
Underlay, underlay, ariba, ariba... sorry. Get some underlay, if you didn't get it with the carpet. Put it everywhere, up the fire wall, under the back seat, and glue it down with silastic or urethane or contact adhesive. Makes the heater work better, and quietens the car from road noise.
Patience, patience and more patience. Take your time and you'll do a heaps better job, and be careful with the knife, personal experience talking here. I can show you the scar...

Good luck, Yonnee.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Putting in carpet Reply with quote

Hehe, thanks cheif. Yeah i got underlay (i said ariba when i first got it too, lol) I hope just one roll will be enough, i'll wait and see. Cheers for that.

Btw; what about those rims, you get my email or what?
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Rims Reply with quote

Hey man, I still have to take that photo of rims for you, I'll do that, soon Smile
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Rims Reply with quote

Oh nah man its all good, sorry, thanks anyways, i found a camera
well...i found a phone with a camera (one of the real good ones) and it took an awesome pic of em, cheers anyways.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: Racegem Reply with quote

show us the scar!
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: attn: Racegem Reply with quote

No pics, but it goes diagonally accross my left thumb knuckle about an inch long. They reckon I just missed the tendons.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: LOL FFS YONNEE! Reply with quote

for the 4th time in 3 different posts. Did you get my email, what do you think of the rims?? Lol.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: LOL FFS YONNEE! Reply with quote

Yeah sorry, had a few other things on my plate. Put a deposit on a block of land to build a bigger house with a bigger shed/workshop, and the bank said "yeah we'll lend you the money but you've gotta sell your current house." So we've been trying to get this place cleaned up to sell.
I'd really like 13 x 7's thanks anyway Sam but you didn't email me a price... still got that boss kit too.

Cheers mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: