HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Alloy rockers???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Alloy rockers??? Reply with quote

i have a worked g180 which is just worn in for sale.
its totally re-built and comes with everything including 5 speed.
mods to the engine are:
big valve 1600 head
ported
mild cam
alloy tappets
and more,
comes with down draft webber and extractors with full 2 inch system.
engine makes at least 85-95 rwhp. - got 80 rwhp on the dyno before further mods. standard gems are around 40
it on the sunshine coast and can hear running in car for $1000 ono.
call me (tim) 0421 870 066.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Alloy rockers??? Reply with quote

:S i dont get it, whats with the title, "Alloy Rockers"??? :S oh, and wrong section, but who gives a shit.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Alloy rockers??? Reply with quote

wtf
alloy rocker? i didnt even know they exsisted on G series engines??? More info please???
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Alloy rockers??? Reply with quote

Dude, what the shit is going on? You (Josh) posted this thread, and its about selling a g-series engine, but the name of the post is "Alloy Rockers???" I dont get it.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Alloy rockers??? Reply with quote

I got that post out of the for sale part on the web site and posted it in this part because i didnt know gemini engines came out with alloy rockers... sorry man
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Alloy rockers??? Reply with quote

I seems that G180's had cast alloy rockers, and the G161's had cast iron rockers. It might be a model thing though, with a certain model (TF or TG) all having cast alloy rockers, and 1800's of the same year had them too.

The year of the air pump, whenever that was, early to mid eighties.

Ben
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Alloy rockers??? Ben?? Reply with quote

Really??? whats your thoughts on them Ben??? do they make much of a difference??? is there a steel insert for the cam lobs??
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Alloy rockers??? Ben?? Reply with quote

I guess they are lighter, but I haven't weighed them, they are slightly larger. I use them in my engine because I thought they would be lighter.

They have a hardenned steel plate that rubs on the cam lobes.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Alloy rockers??? Ben?? Reply with quote

Damm that shit's wacked!!! all this time fucking around with gemini engines i never seen an alloy rocker in one yet... I best get onto it. Do rodeo ones fit you think?
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Alloy rockers??? Ben?? Reply with quote

alloy rockers are trash. they wear to quickly and make annoying tappety noises.

a mate of mine who is an engine reconditioner, said every rodeo that he has built, he has pulled the alloy rockers out and put standard gemini ones in. hasnt had any problems with wear.
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Alloy rockers??? Ben?? Reply with quote

Alloy rockers snap easily. They come on rodeo 2ltrs. They're shit.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alloy rockers Rawk
Been running them ever since this post and never had a problem
Had to modify the rocker stafts a bit tho to make them work well.
Sprocket
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running alloy rockers on my race car for years they are not a problem , They have better wear pads than stock cast rockers .. Early rockers were just case hardened and would wear out and in turn wear out the cam..later they came out with decent wear pads on the cast versions and again you would find that they would wear on the rocker shafts ..Finally the alloy rocker came out on the g180 , g200 , 4ze1 etc all interchangeable they are the way to go .. Never broken one , even with heavy valve springs...really the only way you will break one is if a piston is hitting a valve...better to break a rocker than fuck a piston eh ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: