HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

fucking fuel pumps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UaniAndGeMini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: fucking fuel pumps Reply with quote

ok i have a stock fuel pump running my slightly werked 1.6 weber,cam etc.i had my stocks on their it was running fine oncei put my mags back on (they are 15/50/195 cheviot rims fairly heavy}the fuel pump almost dies when i have 2 ppl in the car whats the deal with this cant the stock fuel pump handle the weight of the mags and ppl in myt car or could it be sumthing else thinking of upgrading the pump.....what pumps are easy to install in geminis???
any help would be sweet
cheers
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: fucking fuel pumps Reply with quote

doubt it is the weight dude. i have a g200 with webber and she has never strugled for fuel. even with a full car and my toolbox in the boot
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: fucking fuel pumps Reply with quote

try rewiring your fuel pump, with a stereo amp wiring kit or similar , to draw straight from the battery ie. run continuously from 12volts...my gemi has been running like this for years, and when i got an amp , i just used the kit that was already there for the fuel pump, and wired my pump to the demister switch so i can turn it on/off!!!!from the dash
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: fucking fuel pumps Reply with quote

mmaybe try a new fuel filter. if that doesnt work try a new fuel pump they are pretty cheap the one in the raceecar was $160
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: