HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

GEMSLAM!! 4 Inches lowered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: GEMSLAM!! 4 Inches lowered Reply with quote

ok, just finished lowering the gem! (stage 2 angle grinder just wasnt enough)
if you have 17 or 18 inch wheels then you will know all to well that they raire a gem... frustrating!
well to get a really extreme lookin gem with off the shelf products, from pedders and totaly legal, use tx superlow front springs and superlow mitsubighi colt (!) rear springs.
heavy duty sports rider commodore shocks (short shaft) will trap the rear springs while standard sportsrider in the front go ok.
the torque tube spacers between the cross member and floorpan MUST be removed. also in the rear, the panhard bar must be shortened 13mm. or realligned with an adjustable (reccomended). another quick budget fix is so bend it.
i cut the 2 prongs off the rear bumpstops for a little extra clearance.the exhaust has to be re-routed over the diff as the oil breather from the axle housing will squash it.
this has all been done on my tg, holds the road really well. but the looks are definately all there.
i'll have pics soon, i'll also post the part numbers as well.

buy the way, with 13's, the engine crossmember will sit 70mm from the ground, so u have to have a bigger wheel diametre, but more often than not, bigger wheels are wider too, i have done ALOT of guardwok, my guards have around 2.5 inches more clearance than standard.
enough to fit 17x7.5 inch wheels with 215\45\17 rubber, hoping to get 245 soon.
keep yas posted!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMSLAM!! 4 Inches lowered Reply with quote

what did u do to your gaurds?
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMSLAM!! 4 Inches lowered Reply with quote

He could have the ZZ/Z? Don't they have flared gaurds. I want pics man, i want them now Razz
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMSLAM!! 4 Inches lowered Reply with quote

zz/z don't have flared guard there was a place selling
torana like bolt ons but i didn't like the look of them
you can get any panel beater to pump them for a bit of $
urinalcake
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: GEMSLAM!! 4 Inches lowered Reply with quote

only thing is the back ones are a bitch casu the doors are there
GEMTEC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: GEMSLAM!! 4 Inches lowered Reply with quote

bah! i dont think that gene is gonna have any trouble's with the back doors and rolling it, are ya gene Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: