HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Door handles and arm rests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Door handles and arm rests Reply with quote

Im thinking of replacing the inside metal door handles and arm rests with ones from out of a Camira/old Commonwhore(Like Mooches arm rests). Has anyone done this or had any similar/better ideas, as I recon it would look a lot better and be not as boring as the standard bits. Im gonna have to paint them black with vinyl paint though cause I doubt I could find arm rests in green.

Cheers.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Door handles and arm rests Reply with quote

im looking into putting the rear armrests out of a 2000 holden vectra into the door trims of my coupe- they combine an armrest, door handle, electric window switch and tweeter mount all in one, just gotta have a fiddle with the linkages first. just an idea

p.s the car is copping electric windows, plus central locking so that would take care of the 'lock/unlock' part of the original gem inner door handle
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Door handles and arm rests Reply with quote

Yeah the Astras are the same. Will look sick when ya finish it.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Door handles and arm rests Reply with quote

i know the camira ones DONT fit a coupe door (they do fit a wagon not sure about sedan) cos they hit the leaver, u will have to move it if u want to use one
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Door handles and arm rests Reply with quote

cheers Gene, I might goto the wreckers soon and dummy fit commondore ones to gemi doors to see if they will fit.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Door handles and arm rests Reply with quote

just go to u pull it and find some of other cars and match them to geminis doors at the wreakers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Door handles and arm rests Reply with quote

i know cos i wasl ike yeah these will look good, ripped of, payed for em got home and was like "cunt, it dont fit"
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Door handles and arm rests Reply with quote

has anyone seen any gems with the vr/s commo speaker pod/map pocket lobbed in the front doors?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: