HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fibreglass panels
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

Are they legal in QLD ? I know you can buy them for a 4x4 but I am wondering if I had all the panels for my wagon made out of fibreglass if it owuld be legal ?
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

do you know somewhere that sells em? i have asked at a few of the fibreglass places round here and no one makes em. if you do find a place please tell me. i am keen to get some for mine.
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

I know someone who makes them. But I dont know if they are legal thouugh. He builds drag cars and uses fibreglass panels there.

He offered to teach me how to build an engine for my gem, and I was thinking of taking him up on it, and maybe asking if he can make me some panels as well, or teach me how to.

I will let you know spud.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

u must really put out for that guy Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

its only legal if the fiberglass pannel is equle to or stronger then teh original factory pannel
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

is there really any point?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

weight reduction
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

how much weight reduction? theyre obviously not there for looks; a mate of mine has fibreglass front guards and bonnet on his car, and even though its 'high quality', its still pretty ordinary
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

seems a waste of time unless u r serious bout gettin on the track. i know a bloke up here who races a super sedan class coupe with a 4age was in zoom, he got his guards/bonnett/rear quarters from a place in bris, can't remember who but. he also made trick ally doors, light as without the guts in it bout 2kgs a door!
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

just think no more rust in the gaurds or whatever panels you get made. i asked this same question once 2 so im intrested if there leagal.
goatman
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

and better weight distribution, if its the front panels and thus better handling.
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

LMAO Yobbo ... Like I am a town bike sweetheart ! LOL

LOL you are a funny bugger. He is way too old for me, but he knows a hell of a lot.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

the main reason i want fibreglass is the whole never wory bout them rusting thing. i think that makes it all worth while.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

hello of a lot?? about cars or putting out?
Smile
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Fibreglass panels Reply with quote

yeah tehy wont rust but ya mates leaning on it (even if u say dont it still hapens) will split/crack the gaurd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: