HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

VALVE TIMING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ginger pubes
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: VALVE TIMING Reply with quote

HOW MANY DEGREES SHOULD I RETARD MY CAM TO GET MAXIMUM POWER INCREASE AT HIGH REVS? PLEASE TELL ME IF ITS ON THE CAM OR CRANK.
TIM
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VALVE TIMING Reply with quote

You will be wasting your time. Buy a bigger cam.
ginger pubes
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: VALVE TIMING Reply with quote

A MAN NAMED WAYNE WHO USED TO WORK AT BARNES HIGH PEFORMANCE IN NAMBOUR DYNOED HIS RALLY SERIES GEMINI, DID WHAT I WANT TO DO AND GOT 5 HP INCREASE AT THE WHEELS. THATS ALOT WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE 80. I JUST CANT GET IN CONTACT WITH HIM TO FIND OUT HOW MANY DEGREES TO RETARD IT BY.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VALVE TIMING Reply with quote

http://groups.msn.com/forumpix101/forumpix.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=69
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VALVE TIMING Reply with quote

IST THIS THE CAPS LOCKS FORUMS OR WHAT CAUSE MY CAPS ITS BROKEN AND I CANT RETARD IT BACK
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: VALVE TIMING Reply with quote

What i meant is that sure, you will gain high rpm torque, but you will loose low and mid rpm torque, and your car may become slower because you have suddenly made your power curve "peaky".

You will get a better result by simply installing a bigger cam, as it will improve torque in a broader range. I assume you already have a bigger cam than standard to achieve 80rwhp, but it may simply mean that you need a bigger one again.

Incidently, the amount of cam timing change will be engine dependant, what worked on Wayne's engine, might not be good for yours.

If you want to do it right, you need to get a power curve with standard timing, advance the cam, dyno it again, retard the cam, dyno it again. analyse the test results.
mystikal21
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VALVE TIMING Reply with quote

gene your real smart arnt you like taking the piss well guess what, why dont u bash your dick over an fj20det and then rub it good after when you finished
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: VALVE TIMING Reply with quote

ouch...

If your going to play with the cam, find a good variable cam sprocket. It makes life alot easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: