HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

barrel help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOTHOUSE GREEN GEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: barrel help Reply with quote

lost my ufcking only set of gemi keys today how hard is it to change the barrelon the steering collum any help thanks
Wfc
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel help Reply with quote

pretty easy last time i checked, just use a butter knife works on some of mine lol
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel help Reply with quote

To put one back in its needs the key in it and turned to acc (off for TF/TG I think) before taking it out. But to take yours out is easy, there should be a push in clip that holds the barrel in, push this in and take the barrel out. Now put a flat head screw driver and turn the ignition switch to the first click. Now grab the spare barrel with the key in it and install that one. Now use the barrel you just installed to start the car, now drive down to a hardware store and get your key cut. I am pretty sure the key is turned one click to remove it, does anybody know for sure?
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel help Reply with quote

Just get another key. Pretty much all Gemi keys fit all Gemis
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel help Reply with quote

Just checked its acc for all models. The first sentence means the barrel that you are putting in after you take the old one out needs the key in the acc position before removing it. You need to turn the switch to acc before you install the new barrel as well.
HOTHOUSE GREEN GEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel help Reply with quote

im so fuking confused i tryed my other gemini key it wont turn the barrel. now i can use the barrel out of my other gemini how do i remover then place in other gemini
HOTHOUSE GREEN GEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel help Reply with quote

ok i just got out the barrel that i have the key for now what about the barrel i dont have the key for
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel help Reply with quote

Take it out as well and change them over.
HOTHOUSE GREEN GEMI
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel help Reply with quote

but how i dont have the key to turn the barrel
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel help Reply with quote

If you dont want/need the barrel anymore shove a screwdriver in it and then turn it with that
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: barrel help Reply with quote

You only need the key in the barrel if you want to put it back in. Remove the barrel without the key in it, then put a flat head screw driver where the barrel was and turn the ignition switch to theacc position. Now install the other one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: