HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Factory oil pressure and anmeter gague wiring ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mystikal21
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Factory oil pressure and anmeter gague wiring ???? Reply with quote

peoples who has had exprience in this field, need some advice on how to get the dam thing working i know that there is the connector in the wiring loom and it has it i know it cause i found it. the problem is i get power from the oil gauge side but no power from the amp gauge side im not sure if there is a break in the circut but if it is i will be spending till christmas trying to find the break. atm none of the gauges are working i need constant power from the batt or altinator for the amp gauge to work and ive done my tests to see if its working the clock works but like i said if any 1 knows how to get the dam thing working i would appeciate it. reason why i am asking cause i have the cluster and i do need an oil pressure switch/sender
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Factory oil pressure and anmeter gague wiring ???? Reply with quote

I'm going to be doing the same thing soon. The SL/X that I'm pulling the dash out of has both an oil pressure switch and an oil pressure sender.

Yonnee.
murph
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Factory oil pressure and anmeter gague wiring ???? Reply with quote

I pulled my whole dash out monday night to fix my oil pressure guage. My problem was simple tho all that I had to do was close the slot that the pin goes into up a bit and now it works fine all the time. But that may have been my problem yours could be diffrent. Also My car is a factory SL/X so the guages were there when I bought it.
mystikal21
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Factory oil pressure and anmeter gague wiring ???? Reply with quote

and it fits into the te model
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Factory oil pressure and anmeter gague wiring ???? Reply with quote

You need an oil pressure sender unit and a 't' piece to suit the specific dash guages. As TE uses a Nippon Denso setup the VDO sender from TF/TG or Torana will not work correctly.

The amp guage simply uses the same plugin wiring in the TF/TG but not sure if this is so with TE.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Factory oil pressure and anmeter gague wiring ???? Reply with quote

In the TE there is a couple of unused plugs behind the centre console, one with a loop of wire in it, I never tried but I think the one with the loop in it is for amp gauge (these measure the power of the battery dont they?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: