HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

*+* WaNtEd *+* = G200 Oil Pump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: *+* WaNtEd *+* = G200 Oil Pump Reply with quote

Anyone got a good oil pump for a G200? Or know where I can get one - local or C.O.D. to Canberra??

Cheers
Momo->
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: *+* WaNtEd *+* = G200 Oil Pump Reply with quote

About $120 from local parts shop.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: *+* WaNtEd *+* = G200 Oil Pump Reply with quote

Thks Ben
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: *+* WaNtEd *+* = G200 Oil Pump Reply with quote

Is it for a 1600 or 2L??
If its for a 1600 then the dizzy needs to be modded so that the shaft doesnt have radial play, as the g200 pump has a wider slot for the dizzy.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: *+* WaNtEd *+* = G200 Oil Pump Reply with quote

I've got a genuine one still in its box.
I'll have a look tonight, I think it's still new.

Yonnee.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Attn : Loz & Yonnee Reply with quote

Loz, it's for a 1600 that I want to turbo (draw through) and I read somewhere that you can run a G200 oil pump as a cheap solution to a high volume oil pump?? Can you recommend a better solution or do you know what's involved with modding the 1600 to make it fit??

Yonnee - how's things mate? Can you recommend a better solution? and yeah have a look tonight and get back to me - much appreciated.

Cheers
Dave
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn : Loz & Yonnee Reply with quote

Things are good. No longer with autObarn.
I'll check tonight.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn : Loz & Yonnee Reply with quote

I wouldnt say it was a cheaper solution but then again I cant remember how much the supposed high vol pumps were. Really they are probably just g200 ones anyway.
The g200 one is the same external dimensions as the g160 just the gearset is higher, and extends more into the top cover, hence making it move more oil. So really it is just a high vol on a g160.
Anyway, with my engine (turbo 1600), I jusy used the g200 as well, mainly coz it fulfiled the higher vol part, but at the time I got it pretty cheap.
Only prob is the slot fot the dizzy shaft is too wide, meaning you can rotate the rotor button maybe as mmuch as 10deg in each direction. Which in my case was not good coz the ecu needs it too be locked at 10deg with NO movement at all. It may not be such a prob with carby setup, and non electronic dizzys, but it would have inhibited the precision of the fine tuning on mine.
I would fix it regardless though, just coz I like to do things properly.
Because it rotates maybe 10deg eash way, and sits relatively in the centre of the slot, it was a faily easy fix. What I did was run a smal weld bead down the side of the shaft on opposite corners. This was then filed back into the shape of the end of the shaft, but leaving it built up on faces. Its not much in the end thast needs to go on, maybe about 1/2 a mm each side. With some careful filing it can be brought down to a height that will slide in nicely and not have any radial movement with out the engine turning. So thats what I did.

Loz
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn : Loz & Yonnee Reply with quote

Cheers Loz - check your mail - I got those wiper blades you want.

Yonnee - definately interested if you can find it mate.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN: MOMO Reply with quote

Had a look. I got it from a guy selling a webber and he gave me boxes of other bits as well. It looks like the original's been used out of the box and the stock pump put back in the box. But I don't have a stock one to compare to ATM, so I'm not 100% sure.
Sorry.

Yonnee.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: MOMO Reply with quote

You can measure the internals for him. The g160 gears are 30mm high, and the g200 is at least 35mm, maybe 40mm high, and they extend into the top part of the housing, where the g160 gears stop at the housing edge.

Loz
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: MOMO Reply with quote

Thanks Loz, will do tonight.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Yonnee & Loz Reply with quote

Chears heaps for your help guys. Hay - do either of you know if "SAMS Performance" stamp "SAM" in the crank end to identify work they've done? Be interested to know cause I just pulled down a recently purchased block and found "SAM" stamped in the end??? Also has flat top pistons with valve reliefs neatly cut into them - really nicely put together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: