HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

spray painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: spray painting Reply with quote

a few questions for you...

firstly what is the ideal nozzle size for painting a car. my nozzle is 1.4mm. whats the difference in sizes? better results? whats size do you use?

whats the difference between a hvlp gun and a gravity fed gun? whick is better? how can i tell the difference between the two?

cheers
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: spray painting Reply with quote

i do know gravity fed has the bottle at the top and conventional has the bottle at the bottom. whats the go with hvlp guns?
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: spray painting Reply with quote

1.4mm is a good size for sparying a car, you'd either want 1.4 or 2mm, no reason to change to 2, so stick with the 1.4...

hvlp (high volume low pressure) isn't really used for spraying cars, so I wouldn't worry about it... plus a good hvlp gun is quite expensive (not the $60 ones you can get, waste of time). but you wouldn't use it for a car anyway, maybe aircraft etc...
jimbob03
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: spray painting Reply with quote

3mm u whould use 4 spray putty or primer this is recomended buy the paint manufactures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: