HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

I hate RWC's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: I hate RWC's Reply with quote

Lol, driving down to get my RWC today, battery goes flat, my gem dies at the start of a 5-way roundabout. So i push it into the driveway of the cop shop(they have 2 exit driveways)... Heh, the reason im going to get the RWC is to change the rego...that is expired...lol, thank god all cops are assholes and none came out to help.
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: I hate RWC's Reply with quote

You can legally drive ur car to get a RWC unregistered as long as it would pass a SIMPLE safty check - ie bald tires, horn, half-decent engine, etc. and as long as it's a A to B trip. dead battery's suck
Sleek
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate RWC's Reply with quote

are you sure about this? is that the way it is in Victoria too?
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: I hate RWC's Reply with quote

Be very careful making that assumption.
I thought I could drive my car in NSW for the purpose of preparing it for roadworth inspection.

Cost:
1 x $461 for driving unregistered vehicle.
1 x $461 for driving uninsured vehicle.

Before doing so make a phone call. What we may think is right a cop may not. The problem is now mine to battle it in court (which I am doing).

In Victoria you need a permit to drive a vehicle that is unregistered except for a few specific circumstances, NOT including getting it roadworthy.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
GemDunger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: I hate RWC's Reply with quote

Yep in Victoria the Grabbin State you need a permit which will issue for 7 days not sure of the cost any more probably about a million now! Then you can drive it to the Garage/etc to get it fixed then to the RTA pits to have some goofball tell you your rubber seal on the frizzywhatsit is to be replaces then you do that then you get a fine for doing 62.7 KPH in a 60 zone (rounded up includes GST) If I wasnt so broke from motoring expenses I would leave Vic!!!
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate RWC's Reply with quote

Sorry, this is a QLD thing. we get all the good perks... no P plates, one year good behaviour licence loss avoidence, only one roadworthy while registered to ur name, and until recently - only a thirty dollar fine for driving without a licence. I went to Queensland transport to get a permit to take my car for a Road Worthy and they said that i didn't need one so long as it was a A to B trip and i had CTP, which you can get from some places on a temporary basis if you promise to sign with them when you get it road worthy'd.
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I hate RWC's Reply with quote

Well the permit you require in Vic and NSW is really to protect you from liability in the event of an accident where a person is injured while you move your car. It's pretty much the same as the CTP cover you pay in Qld. So in reallity even Qld has a permit requirement too. The difference it seems is you can shop at your favorite insurance agency in Qld where in Vic and NSW the State Governments handle the insurance.
Driving without the permit/CTP could lead to big problems if someone is injured in an accident. It could even mean a prison sentence for manslaughter if someone is killed. I guess a permit is a small cost compared to a few years in prison in the worst instance.
Keep in mind there are strict limitations when using these permits.. No going shopping or dropping around at a mates for something, just direct travel for specific purposes. It would be wise to make appointments to the businesses you plan on taking the car to as a backup so you can prove your intentions if the Police happen to pull you over.
I'd recommend asking for a form outlining the conditions you can use the car for before making costly mistakes.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: