HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Rear globes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Rear globes Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what globes should go in which light sockets. reverse brake indicators etc??
Like wattage, dual or single element.

Cheers
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes Reply with quote

wat model????
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes Reply with quote

wat model????
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes Reply with quote

TG.
Weird shit is happening when globes are put in, relays clicking, lights staying on, lights being on when nothing in supposed to be, dim lights, and all this other stuff, and Im sick of it.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Rear globes Reply with quote

there should be no twin element ones in teh rear all just single ones all the globes are identical in the back
not sure on wattage
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes Reply with quote

I just bought what the book said, and incidently, a few were dual element ones. I did noticew that all of the ones I was replacing were singles but, the book said it. And I found that on one side they worked fine, and the other, which had a replacement globe holder/loom bit, they didnt work, coz they werent getting connection at the bottom of the globe.
Anmyway I have fixed it and am happy.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes Reply with quote

oh there maybe one set that are twin eliments for the brake lights come to think of it
as they have the lights then brighter brake lights
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes Reply with quote

Thats what i thought, problem is they have two +in's on the bottom, and one side of my connectors doesnt touch both, so it only gets a piddley 5W and isnt very bright. So Im just using the single ones in that side.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes Reply with quote

hmmmm
is the plastic where you screw them in all warped or the bottem bit where they touch all stuffed?
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Rear globes, Where they go. Reply with quote

Reverse Red/Blue wire 21 watt
Red light next to reverse Green wire 21 watt
Other red light Green/red wire 15 watt
Blinker Green/Blue wire 21 watt

These are for a TG light, all these are single filament Globes
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes, Where they go. Reply with quote

Thankyou, much appreciated.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Rear globes, 15Watt, What??! Reply with quote

Never heard of a 15Watt globe. It should be a 5Watt globe for the parker. Any bigger and you start to melt the light assembly.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes, 15Watt, What??! Reply with quote

This all came straight from the rear light assembly out of a TG. But it is 5 watt for the front.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes, 15Watt, What??! Reply with quote

Three years with autObarn and Seven years building and fixing trailers, I've never heard of a 15Watt Globe. There used to be 18Watt globes, but Australian Standards now state that Stop, Reverse and Indicator must be 21Watt.
You'll probably find if you rub off the mark on the base of the globe that looks like a 1, it'll be 5Watt. Both my TG sedans are; 21W Indicator, 5W Tail, reflector, 21W Stop, 21W Reverse.

Cheers, Yonnee.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear globes, 15Watt, Oops Reply with quote

Racegem was right there was a mark on the tail light unit, it is 5 watt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: