HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ECOTEC or late rodeo V6?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goatman
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:54 pm    Post subject: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

Hey Ive decided to piss off the four as the block is rusted( In My 3 speed rooted TE). In conjunction with a Whitleine suspension kit, I need a V6 engine by next year. I think the rodeo engine would be lighter as it is alloy, but I heard the ECOTEC is frugal. Does anyone have any weight and fuel consumption figures for the Rodeo? ALSO which is cheaper and where can i get them? Thanks and Ill post pictures when its all done
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

i dont think anyone in here is call "the engine price guide"
ring a wreck they will have em and they sell them

rodeo v6's are desil i thought?????
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

Why dont you get an old engine from a formula 1 car, cut it down to a v6, they are light, and frugal. you could also pick up an old supermodel girlfriend while you are at it.

Its just that you mentioned a rodeo v6, which is in the current model, and since the vehicles are 20-30 grand, or more, then the engines are probably around 5-8, so you might as well spend a bit more for formula one technology.

I dont know how much it will cost, or where you can get 1.

VN V6 is about $300 in local papers, wreckers, etc.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

dont give me ideas ben Razz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

Personally I'd go for an Ecotec, as there's already crosmembers available to suit the conversion, though neither conversion will be easy to achieve, the Ecotec is less likely to encounter problems or require as much one-off custom work due to places like www.v6conversions.com having all the parts\information\guidelines etc that will be needed. That said, if you wanted to be different, go for the Rodeo V6 conversion, though I don't even want to think\know how much the motors will cost, or the custom work that will be required to fit them. Just my thoughts and opinions. Cheers Smile
tcgem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

I was reading through the forum on this topic, and Adam described the isuzu 6ve1 engine as being 'perfect' for a gemini, except that it was illegally too big. Isnt this the engine in the v6 rodeo? Does anyone why it would be perfect for a gemini, is it an easier conversion than the ecotec?
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

you have to get an engineer to approve of it so then it legally wont be too big.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

em.. if its out of the states guidlines a engineer wont pass it
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

Ive been told by a Hotrodder that an engineer will pass anything as long as you have shitloads of $$$$.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

yeah thats true, but once its outside the guidlines, it will cost u more to pass it then it did to do the conversion
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

Exactly. How much is it gonna cost ya to pass your FJ20?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: ECOTEC or late rodeo V6? Reply with quote

$500 to pas the cage, gearbox, engine, harnesses, brakes and intercooler
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: u r a wanka Reply with quote

gene get a life you spend more time on hotgemi that your dad spends looking at school boys
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: u r a wanka Reply with quote

are u sure? i would like to see some graphs or charts and some scematics to prove that
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: u r a wanka Reply with quote

LMAO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: