HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

pollution control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: pollution control Reply with quote

what do you do with the gaps from the pollution control inlets? you know, the pipe connectected to each chamber?
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: pollution control Reply with quote

That depends on how dodgy you want to be: you can fill the holes with sparkplugs, or try and track down some brass screw in plugs that will block the holes up, or you can see about getting them welded up, or you can get a
non-pollution head and fit that. I don't recommend doing the first three, as if you get pulled over for an inspection, then you'll get defected for not having your pollution control hooked up. I use a non-pollution control head as then the only time you'll get busted is if the cop\rta inspector will bust you is if they know or suspect that pollution control was originally fitted to the vehicle. Just my thoughts and opinions. Cheers Smile
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: pollution control Reply with quote

I know that if your car was made with pollution control, you gotta have it. no matter what engine goes in. but what if you got a car that was made without it and you put a pollution controlled engine in, following on what the law says about the first statment, shouldnt blocking it then be justifiable?

I ended up just cutting all the pipes that lead to the big pipe and using the bolt attached to it to screw them in and just bent the ends over. works alright!
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: pollution control Reply with quote

go the spark plugs Very Happy i took my car over for an inspection and they didnt say a word about my 5 spark plugs Razz
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: pollution control Reply with quote

The letter of the law actually states that any engine conversion requires the emmission output to be at the levels required for the age of the motor. And that a motor older than the car is not allowed. So technically, a TG motor in a TX, requires the pollution gear for 1984. But you'd have to have an inspection done by someone who knows Geminis to get done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: