HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

after coments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isuzu_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: after coments Reply with quote

dont know if this is ok so im just sort of asking for permission
im going to start to make surge tanks, oil catch cans, radiator over flow bottles that will bolt straight into a gem (or with little mods) out of aluminium polished with either normal clamp on fittings or screw on fittings (for braided lines) im not only just trying to make sum spare change but to also offer a cheaper way of getting these things for members instead of paying crap loads 4 them i dont want to step on anyones toes or break any rules thats why i was asking first this wont be straight away but i thought i would ask befor i started anything thats all thanks
Pete
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Go for it. Reply with quote

Pete, go for it mate. No need to ask for anyone here's permission - & why restrict yourself to gems? If you can make 'em cheaper & sell 'em for a bit less than the next bloke but still make enough to live then you've got yourself a successful business. If you go that far though, you'll soon find out why the businesses charge what they do. Hidden overheads involved with running some businesses are fuckin rediculous!!

Keep it as a hobby for as long as you can!! Good luck - email me your number cause I might be interested in getting a few bits & pieces polished (after the paint finally goes on). cameltrader69@hotmail.com
my gemeration
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: after coments Reply with quote

shit hot idea mate, there alot of parts you could image with polished metal, lets know when you going ahead with it the gem could do with a face lift...good onya..len
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: after coments Reply with quote

Yeah why not. There are a few people on here that do that sort of thing like idareu2 etc. While you may be stepping on toes, I think that it come down to convienience when people buy that sort of stuff. I would have bought stuff like that from people on here except none live in canberra, and i couldnt be fucked to stuff around with postage etc. So we need people everwhere who can do this sort of stuff for us. I dont think we have anyone in sydney doing it so go for it.
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: after coments Reply with quote

yep for sure. super idea!
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: after coments Reply with quote

Thats MAD, for sure man go for it, id rather pay u than pay some fuckwit at autobarn whos charing a fucken arm and a leg.
Get into it straight away man .
if u can COD them to any where is aus. U'll kick ass dude.
email me when u get into it.
joeysgem@hotmail.com
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: after coments Reply with quote

Where are you and how much?
Would they be TIG welded? And if so, what about polished stainless?
Keep in mind, for CAMS approved racing, they require an oil catch can to be see through or to have a sight glass to show the level in the can. Two right angled tubes welded top and bottom facing each other and joined by clear plastic tube should do the trick.
Just a thought...
Good luck,

Yonnee.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: after coments Reply with quote

hmm, I've never seen anyone fail scrutineering for that up here. All depends on the scrutineer I spose, some are wankers
isuzu_gem
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: after coments Reply with quote

Thanks everyone ill be starting in the next couple of weeks i hope. All work will be welded using tig and most will be aluminium i can do stainless steel but belive it or not s/s is more expensive especially all the fittings and i like the look of alloy better im not sure on the prices as yet cause i got to get some funds to buy material and fittings ill try to buy in bulk so i can keep the costs down and depending on other things like if i supply filters different types of fittings and so on ill try to make ones that will bolt up without no mods, universial and coustom ones on request thanks guys
Thirsty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: after coments Reply with quote

Pete, I would like an oil catch can for my rally gem. Got a price
rosscox98@hotmail.com
Thirsty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: