HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

just on average

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: just on average Reply with quote

wats the average sealed enclosure for a 15inch sub?
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: just on average Reply with quote

There is no "average" for a sealed enclosure, you need to buy\make an enclosure that suits your specific sub. That said, most of the prefab sealed boxes are usually around the 50L mark or thereabouts. If you've got the Thiele\Small parameters for your sub, get a hold of WinISD or a similar program and see what size is recommended via that. You can run a smaller or a larger box than the T\S parameters allow for, however, with a smaller box, you need more power to achieve the same level of output, and with a larger box, you don't need as much power, but you also tend to lose transient response, ie the bass sounds muddier and less clear. Hope this makes sense, I'll check tomorrow after I sober up. Cheers Smile
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: just on average Reply with quote

BIG!!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: just on average Reply with quote

biger the better Very Happy that what i say. but my MTX 6000's 15" subs reqr a 1.75 cubic foot sub enclosure for sealed and 2.25 cubic foot for ported..

i put the 2 of them in a 5 cubic foor sealed box tho Very Happy use to pop my sun roof open with all the pressure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: