HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

re Lock and Central Locking again...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: re Lock and Central Locking again... Reply with quote

No matter what you do to try securing your car there is always a way around it. If the car and contents are worth stealing then sooner of later it will be stolen. Locks only deter petty thieves, they don't stop them. Professional thieves will not be detered by locks. They will take the whole car if need be. That person behind you as you park may have been casing you and your car for the past week or so and today it's going on a tilt tray.... who bothers about a car alarm these days. No one is going to blink when it's howling away as it is hauled onto the tilt tray truck. More an annoyance than a deterent.

The only real protection is an insurance policy.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Winterheart
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: re Lock and Central Locking again... Reply with quote

That is true to a point, but if you have an alarm with a GSM dialler unit, then not only will your alarm being screaming its head off, but it has also dialled your chosen number to alert to the fact that your alarm has been triggered, and don't forget other alarms like the Quiktrak, which give real time tracking and remote kill ability. Also keep in mind, an insurance policy will only replace the vehicle, it can't replace the blood, sweat, tears, frustration and satisfaction of all the work you've put into your car over time. Just my thoughts on it. Cheers Smile
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: re Lock and Central Locking again... Reply with quote

Or you can just get an aftermarket computer with pin code entry, or the ECU is permanently locked out, so the car goes nowhere. I just wont leave my gemini anywhere that my remote pager wont reach me so i have time to get back there and catch the bastards.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: How much? Reply with quote

I'll be getting an alarm for the gem for my birthday, wanted to know how much your alarm was Loz. What does it include as well, did it come with central? Coz im thinking about not getting central locking, and just getting a really good alarm with the money i save.

Cheers
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

should be around $300 for a half decent one
might be another $100 for installation
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

It cost $550 with me doing installation(not letting anyone touch my electrics, coz I only know where all the wires for ECU are and all the hidden and rewired ones are).
Central locking cost $28 from dick smith on special.

It has a remote pager, remote start, turbo timer, 2 stage shock sensor, 2 point imobiliser (but i dont really need one coz my ecu does it), anll the usual basic stuff, works upto 2km, cant remember the other things.
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

Shit...lot of money, but it sounds hell good. I dont want central locking, i just want a really good alarm.

Loz, your running a turbo on a g-series engine aren't you? If so, what ECU you usin, and what you pay for it.

Reply here, or add me to MSN if ya want passive_necro@hotmail.com
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

I paid $45 for my alarm from cashies. new in box never used. adjustable shock sensor, interior motion sensor, tilt sensor, voltage drop sensor, imobiliser, keypad to adjust sensor sensitivity and program alarm options, central locking sensor, glass break sensor.

fucking nice as Smile
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

bloody hell i want a $45 alarm
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

came with no instructions though Sad
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

hmmm coudl make things interesting
coudl you find a diagram on the net? what brand?

or was it all guess work lol
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

its not in yet. theres nothing on the net about it.
its a moss security alarm
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

lol so if you cant find anythign your pretty much screwed
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

nah my mates gonna install it. he does that shit for a living. all the wires have got what they go to taped on them.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: How much? Reply with quote

oh well thats alright then lol i was gonna say other wise you got like 20 odd wires all black
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: