HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

15 inch bmw pursuit rims
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: 15 inch bmw pursuit rims Reply with quote

ok before i get flamed i have done the hard work and thought id let u know once and for all that 15inch bmw rims do fit a gemini, with a little bit of work..

ok first off you have to find a set of these suckers and that may be hard depending where you are from.
they are 15 x 6 and come in the 4 x 100 stud pattern.
now the rears fit straight on but the fronts need to have the centre hole machined 2mm so they fit over the hub.

depending on who u know etc etc this can be done easily, i put all 4 in a lathe and machined the centre out. u could also do only the front 2 with a file if u have the time Smile
i did all 4 so that all tyres and rims are interchangable.

all up total cost $100 plus tyres
u can fit 205/50/15's on them easily

the other thing i found out is if u can get your hands on honda civic 4x100 15' rims they fit on without machining the centre but have a slightly differant offset. so i stuck with the bmw ones.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 15 inch bmw pursuit rims Reply with quote

Just wondering i got some 15" mags with plastic cetre caps the front ones the caps did fit in so i just pushed the cap and the front in a few mm the cap that covers the bearings etc could this be done with them?
or is it somethign else that gets in the way
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 15 inch bmw pursuit rims Reply with quote

no its the actual diametre of the hole in the centre of the wheel, this does not fit over the hub on the front of the gem, the rear doesnt have that problem cause the rears dont have the hub sticking out. have a look at your gem fronts and you will know what i mean.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 15 inch bmw pursuit rims Reply with quote

If they are not machined they will try to sit on an angle over the locating centre, and then the wheel will wobble.

A mate of mine put lancer rims on his gemini even though they did this, I tried to tell him not too, but he didnt care. Long story short, he was driving along and the front wheel fell off, and he went into a guard rail nearly head first. hahaha, so dont do it.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 15 inch bmw pursuit rims Reply with quote

yeah i see now not the depth but diameter
cheers
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Pics Reply with quote

you got pics of these rims on a gemi? Or a pic of this rims on another car?
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Pics Reply with quote

there coming
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: 15 inch bmw pursuit rims... I'd like to know.. Reply with quote

... which model those rims are from. I can't find any listing of a 15" 4 stud factory Bimmer rim.
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: 15 inch bmw pursuit rims... I'd like to know.. Reply with quote

A BMW dealership i enqiured at told me that if any it would be an early 3 series approx early to mid nineties, i'm assuming.
They weren't very helpful as i rocked up in just a pair of shorts and no shoes on in their prestige dealership. The snobby so & so's wanted me off their property so they were fairly vague.

P.S Are you doing a little investigating into possible 15" substitute rims ? That would be highly appreciated by alot of people on this forum.

S N 3 A K Y
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early to mid 90s is E36, now i previously owned a 318i and i must inform you that it is 5stud.

Not sure what 4stud rims may have been fitted to, but most BMW wreckers laugh when you mention it.

4 x 100 15" steel wheels are availible on current model Corollas. Granted the offset isnt the best and the center hole does need machining out, but they work.

Nick-
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have early 3 series 14" BMW rims that fit nicely. They were pre 90s from what I understand. I think that BMW went from 4 stud to 5 stud in the 3 series since somewhere in the mid/late 80s.

I wil be able to give a list of exactly what each wheel with the 4X100 pattern will fit. I have a book waiting to be collected from the Post Office that gives all the dimensions. Things like offset, centre hole diameter etc, it's all in there. The book is current to 2007 specs so a number of late model cars might have suitable wheels.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 14" 4 x 100 wheels with offset similar to Gemini are E30, ~1985 to late late 91.

E36 saw an upgrade to 15" wheels standard, and all were 5stud to my knowledge.
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked the BMW range of models carefully and I can't find any that use a 4 x 100 PCD and run a 15" rim. The only 4 x 100 PCD wheels that BMW used were 13" or 14". Another thing is the centre bores in BMW models are all 57.0mm or larger.

On further checking, all BMW models with the 100 x 4 PCD have a range of offsets. The earlier 1600, 2000, 2002 and 2005 models with 14" rims all run 5.00" or 5.50" wide rims with 29mm pos offset and the E30 series all run 5.00" wide rims with 30mm or 35mm pos offset, 5.50" wide rims with 35mm pos offset, 6.00" wide rims with 35mm pos offset or 6.60" wide rims with 30mm pos ofset. These are the factory fitted rim sizes.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
GEMI@20PSI

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep i finally got a set. Pretty sure there the bmw ones previously mentioned. rare i think. just got to get the centres machined now. goodluck to anyone else lookin for these. i came across these purely by accident.they were gettin thrown out!!!
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just reiterate, no 15 inch or larger BMW wheels came from factory with a 4 x 100 PCD.

All BMW steel rims have "BMW" stamped in the steel between two of the stud holes along with the offset and a number of other snippets of info.

This particular rim is a 14" x 5.5"J with a 35mm positive offset.

Also, BMW rims don't need machining because the smallest of the centre locating holes they use is only 0.1mm smaller than the Gemini rim and they slip onto the hub without any problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: