HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gear box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Gear box Reply with quote

I was just wondering a mates gem has a gear box where some times when he is cruising in 4th it will just pop out

what would be causing this??
jetblackgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Gear box Reply with quote

its most probaly his syncro which means 4th gear has shit it self
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Gear box Reply with quote

yeah just get a 5spd
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Gear box Reply with quote

it is a 5sp
its just i may be purchasing this car adn yeah is it something that will just get worse?

like my syncros for 2nd are fucked and they get worse and worse the more i thrash but yeah tis the 4th gear in his????
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Gear box Reply with quote

This used to happen to me in 3rd, it was just me not putting it in gear properly. Although if it happens all the time it could be worse (also does it happen to every one that drives it?)
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Gear box Reply with quote

dont know i have to wait till we test drive it he said it only happens occasionaly so yeah im not sure but he can drive properly

with mine its fucked if you rev the ring out of 1st put it into 2nd with clutch in it will still crunch a little but i dont care about mine
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Gear box Reply with quote

my 5 speed is the same unless u change it properly, like a granny it will crunch in 2nd, it just means somethin in the gearbox is fucked, and u either need to get it rebuilt or buy a new gearbox, but if u push the gearleaver up when u have ur foot off the accellerator it will come out, that happens in any gear.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Gear box Reply with quote

yeah all gear boxs are liek if theres not much throttle you can push it out of gear and if you mach the engine speed you can put it back in with out the clutch too its called dry shifting
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Gear box Reply with quote

yes, my 5spd just did this to me twice in the last few weeks too. it was rebuilt just 8000k ago. it is a bt embarassing when it suddenly revs its nuts off going up a hill. my rear seal is leaking a bit but I don't think its anything to do with a low oil level
TURBO TF
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Gear box Reply with quote

my mates cordia did it aswell in 4th, pulled the box out and the synchro's were fucked, but only came out when he booted it, not when accelerating slowly
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Gear box Reply with quote

my rear seal is leaking too, I've been driving around with a low iol leverl for a while now heh..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: