HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

spedo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: spedo Reply with quote

sat i was driving hit the reset on my omdometer and then it just stoped working i took it apart last night and it all looks fine any ideas what coudl of gone wrong???
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: spedo Reply with quote

Sometimes the spring doesn't return the cogs together, you may have just needed to gently pull the reset rod out a fraction to re-engage the cogs.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: spedo / tacho dash Reply with quote

tried that and then after a few goes then i started using forse and hit the fucker lots still doesnt work lol

also with the taco dashes do you need the circuit behind them or can i pull one apart and trasport the parts into a non tacho dash??
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: spedo / tacho dash Reply with quote

The guts of the speedo head should be interchangeable.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: spedo / tacho dash Reply with quote

i know you can take the spedo and out but i was wonderin can you do the same witht he clock and change it for a tacho or woudl i need to grab the whole circuit behind it cause last time i went to u pull it they wanted like $74 for the tacho dash and you dont know if it works so i was thinking maybe if you could take it apart you coudl get it for cheeper
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: spedo / tacho dash Reply with quote

all the printed circuts in the dashes are the same...

eg, they are all set up to run a tach, or a clock or with a vac line they can run an economy guage. all interchangeable.

2 places to chesk for odometer not operating: white screw drive and cog (both plastic)

and also on the small metal bar that turns the numbers, if the cast cog slips on that then its fucked
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: spedo / tacho dash Reply with quote

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: