HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Geminis in Movies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Geminis in Movies Reply with quote

Hello people.

THE ITALIAN JOB (remake)
I saw the Italian Job today and there was a Gemini in it! Ok, so it was not quite what we see here - it was a FWD Isuzu I-Mark, built by Isuzu in Japan and sold in the USA. The earlier model I-Mark was a RWD car that was pretty similar to a TE model, but the car in The Italian Job was the later FWD I-Mark which was basically a Japanese-built, RB-model 3-door hatch.

The I-Mark can be seen in a scene less that 1/2 hour from the start, from memory. I was a rear-view only and was stuck in traffic. I'm glad it was a rear-view as I probably wouldn't have recognised it without seeing the I-Mark badging on the back.

RUN LOLA RUN
I was told ages ago that there is a Gemini easily visible in this German film. I saw it recently on DVD and yep, there is a 2-door sedan Opel Kadett that makes a right-hand right in front of the character Manny. It was an Opel Kadett C1, which was basically the same body shape as the TX-TD model, but as you all know we didn't get the 2-door sedan version hear (although we almost did). Rent it on DVD and check it out!

GUINESS BOOK OF RECORDS
Ok, this is a book not a movie, and this is a bit of a stretch, but in the 1999 edition of the Guiness Book or Records, there is a series of three photos of a motorcycle doing a jump over a house. Under the carport of the house is a Buick-Opel coupe, which was built by Isuzu and sold in the USA. It looks pretty much like a TD, but it has huge, spastic US-spec bumpers.

COOL!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Geminis in Movies Reply with quote

wedding singer

yellow gem parked out the front of adam sandlers place
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Geminis in Movies Reply with quote

on the extras of teh fat pizza dvd. its in one of teh film clips for a song. car load of chicks driving a gem.

o yeah i thought that i saw a gem in the italian job but it only just cought my eye, os wasnt sure if it was
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Geminis in Movies Reply with quote

Getaway in Stockholm (the newest one) get the preview from here http://www.brisbaneperformance.com/video.php, it is a 2 door Opel Kaddett doing a burnout in burning petrol (from what I can remember).
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Geminis in Movies Reply with quote

there is a gemini in mad max1, a gemini malcom( the obne whee he splits the car in half, and a lots of race gems in the history bathurst not really a movie but there are gemns in it
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: around my town Reply with quote

when i see them, or when im driving.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Geminis in Movies Reply with quote

i dont see a gem?? u mean the red car with the fire and shit? thats not a gem is it?
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Geminis in Movies Reply with quote

Im pretty sure it is a 2 door Kaddett.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Geminis in Movies Reply with quote

ok cool Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: